cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dog50
Advocate

Contract ends on the 23rd, when to cancel? options?

My broadband contract ends on the 23 march 22, If i find a better deal elsewhere do I just go with the other provider before the 23rd, do i need to contact them?

the renewal email says if i want to cancel I need to give nowtv 10 days notice.

also on the renewal email there is a deal a bit less than what im paying but its 'Pay as you use calls' in the package, will i pay more for calls. i don't use my landline at all. I'm on anytime calls ATM.

also what number do I use if I want to ring them up to get a better deal?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dog50 

Best telephone number to call is the NOW telephone number quoted towards the bottom of the email you received.

With regards to Pay has you Go, then if you don't use the landline telephone then you won't be charged for outgoing calls because you won't be phoning out on your landline telephone, but can still receive incoming calls if you have a landline telephone connected.

On my email if i didn't do anything and continue with the NOW Broadband & Phone service i would remain on the same existing deal which on my previous deal included Anytime Calls.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dog50 

Best telephone number to call is the NOW telephone number quoted towards the bottom of the email you received.

With regards to Pay has you Go, then if you don't use the landline telephone then you won't be charged for outgoing calls because you won't be phoning out on your landline telephone, but can still receive incoming calls if you have a landline telephone connected.

On my email if i didn't do anything and continue with the NOW Broadband & Phone service i would remain on the same existing deal which on my previous deal included Anytime Calls.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

If you do nothing, you would remain of the previous deal, but the price would increase. (If I understand it correctly)

Now.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is no price increase for me continuing with the NOW Fab Fibre and Anytime Calls if i don't do nothing and carry on using their service according to the email i received this month.

It was the same for me last year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is no price increase for me continuing with the NOW Fab Fibre and Anytime Calls if i don't do nothing and carry on using their service according to the email i received this month.

It was the same for me last year.

That is good to know. The picture I posted is what I am being offered, so it gives the impression the price would increase for me. Maybe the contract terms were different when you joined.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dog50 wrote:

My broadband contract ends on the 23 march 22, If i find a better deal elsewhere do I just go with the other provider before the 23rd, do i need to contact them?

If the other provider is also FTTC via Openreach, no need to notify Now, the gaining provider will do that.

If it's not an FTTC service then best to let Now know.

also on the renewal email there is a deal a bit less than what im paying but its 'Pay as you use calls' in the package, will i pay more for calls. i don't use my landline at all. I'm on anytime calls ATM.

If the deal is lower than you are currently paying, and you are not making use of the inclusive calls, then it sounds a good deal.

Most providers will now offer renewing customers the same as new customers. 

dog50
Advocate

Thanks for the replies, got sorted with another contract slightly better deal than before 🙂

redchiz1
Champion 2

@dog50 Good news, thanks for letting us know.  🙂

@Anonymous User That is the standard notification of what generally happens when your contract ends.

@schnapps I am not surprised that NOW offer incentives for renewal, but a bit taken aback by the thought that they can extend your contract without your express agreement?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

On the email sent by NOW about three weeks before your 12 month contract is coming to an end, there is three options from memory with different various prices on what happens when you are coming out of their Broadband contract.

And from the email you can choose which option you prefer with instructions what needs to be done next  with a contact telephone number to call.

The "Keep what you have" option you don't need to do a thing and you won't be on any contract and can cancel anytime (this is the option i have gone with for the last two years on NOW).

redchiz1
Champion 2

Thanks for that @schnapps I shall keep my eyes peeled towards the end of the year!