cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Activation Date

I’ve recently changed over to Now broadband, my activation date was 7/4/2020 I received my hub and didn’t require an engineers visit however the broadband has not yet changed over....But they have taken the monthly broadband fee from my account.  I don’t want to be charged twice from my old supplier and my new one. Can anyone help please? I can’t get through on the phone lines (understandably) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help sorry being a customer, but i am assuming you have followed the instructions in the box packing and already plugged in the NowTV Hub Router ?

Is your internet still running and if so was Sky your previous internet provider and if the internet is still running have you got the Sky Router still plugged in to the BT Master telephone socket ?

Should your internet & phone not be working then your only option is to keep try phoning the NowTV Broadband Helpline number.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help sorry being a customer, but i am assuming you have followed the instructions in the box packing and already plugged in the NowTV Hub Router ?

Is your internet still running and if so was Sky your previous internet provider and if the internet is still running have you got the Sky Router still plugged in to the BT Master telephone socket ?

Should your internet & phone not be working then your only option is to keep try phoning the NowTV Broadband Helpline number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks! I thought I had to wait for the old one to be disconnected before I tried the new hub but that’s worked.

Thanks for your help 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was you on Sky Broadband previously ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I was on sky
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had a gut feeling you was.

Once your new NowTV Hub Router is up & running (three green lights on the front usually means everything is looking good) then over the next few hours your My Account > Orders & Appointments screen page should change from blue to green.

Also keep your old Sky Router safe has an emergency back up if the NowTV Hub Router fails or plays up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Brilliant Thankyou
Ramadneh
Advocate

I am not sure not need to check plug by Now  Eng who need to come and change .today 21.11.22 date activation ,but not activated yet .I think some thing is wrong .tried to call today 1 h ago to  Now ,no way to call .only said they will recall 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ramadneh 

Activation can take up until midnight, so you still have plenty of time.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

Otherwise feel free to keep trying to call broadband team.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Ramadneh wrote:

I am not sure not need to check plug by Now  Eng who need to come and change .today 21.11.22 date activation ,but not activated yet .I think some thing is wrong .tried to call today 1 h ago to  Now ,no way to call .only said they will recall 

This thread is well over 2 years old, and I have no idea what you mean.