cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another provider has cut me off

Hello.

I've been with NOW broadband for a while, I switched from another provider because my internet was unstable and slow. 

Now broadband have been great however my brother has moved in and the internet became slow, he moved his provider (who I was with before I switched) and he got his internet moved. Initially the engineer was to come out and put a new line into the house and this would mean a second internet connection in a different room, so my brother could use his and I could use mine (without lag issues)

They came out and because COVID-19 started, he couldn't enter the property, but he claimed he sorted the problem by putting a second line in and what I've found out is a splitter.

However! 

I noticed the internet cutting out, I noticed slow speeds and then at times it would drop, it'd disconnect and became a problem.

I've just run a speed check and that gave me 12mb but the internet provider isnt NOWtv it's the other provider. 

I've also dont a check using this website and it can not detect my router, even though my NOWtv router is been used.

My brother has tried to resolve the issue with his provider but for some reason they are not responding, the community on the other provider have stated it's not a problem for them to solve.

I'm stuck now, I'm paying for my line for better speeds and internet, but not getting it, his provider are saying nowtv have to solve it, but hes paying them and they've messed it up.

What can I do? Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Jared

1 REPLY 1
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Jared

You problem seems unnecessarily complicated and I can foresee that Now TV will not accept responsible for this mess and will probably refer you back to your brother's ISP.

Jared, may I suggest you complain to OFCOM because they're the only organisation that can order one of the two ISPs to sort the problem out. 

Good luck

UK Bob