cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

I have now been on Live Chat 3 times, emailed twice and still no result. I have been told I have an IRELAND card, because I have a bank of ireland UK VISA DEBIT. I live in Northern Ireland - PART OF THE UK. My card literally has UK visa debit written on it.

Everytime I talk to someone new they tell me the same thing, which is ridicuous as I live in the UK and have a UK card.

Each time I enter in my card details it comes up with the message "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

Can anyone help?

261 REPLIES 261
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to sign up. 

We require card details in order to authorise the account, part of this authorisation process is that a 10p pre-authorisation charge is temporarily withheld by your bank and automatically refunded. 

Please double check with your bank that they are not blocking this pre-authorisation charge and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, I have responded to you via another thread, please try the suggestions here. If you still have any issues please let me know.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have recently purchased a NOW TV box with a three month free entertainment pass. When submitting my card payment details, I have received the following message - 'Payment not authorised'.

I have double checked that my card details are correct and have spoken to my bank to check if there are any issues on my account, and all appears to be fine.

I am both over 18 and resident in the UK (my card is also registered here in the UK).

I have been trying to submit my card payment details for three days now without any success.

Can someone from NOW TV please further advise me, thank you.

Colette

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I will send you an email regarding this soon as it is account related.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem and I am so close to returning my box!!! I need this sorted ASAP

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As this is account related I will send you an email soon

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good Evening

I bought my parents a NOW TV box with a 6 month pass. I already have a Sky account and tried to set everything up using that but I am also suffering the 'payment not authorised' message using VISA Debit and secondly, on about my 10th attempt to set up, it is also now saying the six month pass code is invalid. Please help!

W

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had NowTV service for a while and get the error message when I try to rent a movie. My credit card is used for monthly payments but I cannot get authorised to rent anything. I have changed cards and checked everything. 

Please can can you send me an explanation or sort this out.