cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Taking unautherised money out of my sons account

My 19 year old son had an account with Now TV up until June last year, he cancelled the payments and closed his account, yet NOW TV are still taking money out of his account, His bank have already clawed back alot of payments from NOW, and even sent my son a new card, Yet hes checked his bank today and another payment has been taken!!.........Hes gone onto live chat, and they are saying they can't help him as they can't find an account associated with him or his bank details........what can we do please?

11 REPLIES 11
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Unless he's deleted them, your son should have emails somewhere from NOW TV about his original account or even accounts. That would be a good place to start looking.

By-the-way. How old was your son when he originally set-up his NOW TV account(s)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

We have looked through all his emails, and we can't find anything from NOW..........He was 18 when he opened the account.

We did all this last year and couldn't find any old emails, when he spoke to Live chat, they said they couldn't help him as he didn't have an account, non of this is making any sense, NOW are taking the money with no account?????

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

He must have another NOW TV account somewhere!

What money values are being extracted from his debit/credit card. £6.99 or £9.99 or both? 

EDIT: I've flagged your issue to a NOW TV Team Member 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live chat say that his email address isn't linked to any account at all, were as baffled as they are.......its £9.99........although today £20.00 has been taken

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...although today £20.00 has been taken

Do you mean two lots of £9.99?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, sorry, i wrote that in a rush, 2 lots of £9.99

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, sorry, i wrote that in a rush, 2 lots of £9.99

Hmmm... It sounds like he may have created at least two more NOW TV accounts!

Sufficed to say, this kind of thing happens when people try to take advantage of NOW TV's 14-day free trial periods.

You might want to ask him if he's a Game Of Thrones fan. As there's a good chance that some £6.99 charges will be appearing soon Smiley Surprised

Kids eh...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Thank you for all your replies, but he has only ever had one account with NOW, and that was closed last year, ive no reason to disbelieve him, he works hard for his money, and spends wisely. I helped him earlier on in the year to sort this out with his bank and NOW.

He has one email address, had only had one account, yet NOW are saying he doesn't have an account with the email address he has.........Non of this is adding up

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Hopefully a NOW TV Team Member will contact you with some more information soon...