cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free cinema 14 day trial - but showing up as a £9.99 charge in my payments

I just clicked through from an email offering me a 14 day free trial of the cinema pass. The email has many, many buttons that say 'Start 14 day free trial'. In my account it still seemed to indicate I would get a free trial. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I didn't spot anything saying 'oh, you can't have this, we're going to charge you', but when I checked my payments, it looks like I've been charged £9.99 for a monthly pass, and that it will renew in 1 month's time.

How do I cancel this completely and make sure I have not been charged any money?

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same issue. Free trial that wants to charge us?? Hardly what it says on the tin!
False advertising!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Not seen the email so not sure if it's specific to you or just a general one they've sent out, but usually free trials aren't available to anyone who's had it in the past, but you should have been warned you were buying a full month pass during the process. Best thing to do is cancel the month pass from your My Account > My Passes page to make sure it doesn't auto-renew

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

then  pop onto live chat, explain what's happened and see if they will refund you.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and click the Start Live Chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

mark_suff
Expert

@Andy @Anonymous User @Anonymous User  I had this email too, the problem wasn't that they were trying to charge you, it was a  not able to process payment message, after chatting with an online agent last night , it's a technical error and the technical team are working on it, hopefully be fixed sometime today, he told me a new email will be sent out once error is fixed. It seems offer is for everyone not just for new customers. 

Mark.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Cheers @mark_suff , although the original poster states he's ended up with a month pass and been charged £9.99 so in their case I'd still recommend cancelling any active pass and querying with live chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for suggesting the live chat - I've been told it's a known issue that is being investigated. Hopefully it can all be cleared up and customers can either be given a free trial or refunded.

If the free trial was not intended for everyone, I think it's a bit cynical of Now TV to send out an email offering a free trial to customers who are actually not eligible for that free trial. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me.  Offered free 14 day trail that I accepted but my account shows I have been charged £9.99 and been given a months movies

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everyone don't accept any offer regarding this. You don't have to unless it's an exceptional offer it's up to you. They made an error they are liable. Nuf sed!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had this exact problem, following the promo email link. I went on live chat straight away and apparently I used a free pass before, goodness knows when, I'm sure most of us can't remember everything we ever signed up for...

Point is, the page clearly stated I was clicking for a free trial and what date first payment would be, then gave no indication that I was not eligible and would therefore be charged,' would you like to continue?', etc. Got my refund via chat, after repeating myself a few times, 5 working days to get it of course, not the seconds it took to take it!!!

Edit: basically get on live chat and insist on refund

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spoke to them just now and got told they wouldn't refund me. It's disgusting.