cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device management

Hi, I have recently upgraded my Apple TV and when I’ve come to watch NOW TV it is saying I have reached my maximum device activity limit on my account and refer to the the T’s and C’s. The service was working perfectly until I bought my new box this afternoon.
I believe I’m allowed up to 4 devices and currently I only have one Apple TV box and my iPhone using the service... I will be adding two more Apple TVs in different rooms in the house but that still only take me to 4 in total... can this problem be resolved please ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Jo

Although I do not suffer with the problem you have, because I use a Roku 3 box, I understand that whenever users like yourself performs a software upgrade the Now TV system counts that as a new device.

So instead of one device the Now TV system now counts it as two and I guess, in your particular case, you must have done several updates in the past, so what you now have to do is get onto Now TV's help chat, when they're back up, and get them to delete the duplicate device.

May I suggest that in future, when doing a software update, check My Account >> Managed devices and see what the Now TV system has registered as your devices and, if necessary, delete any duplicates you find.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Jo

Although I do not suffer with the problem you have, because I use a Roku 3 box, I understand that whenever users like yourself performs a software upgrade the Now TV system counts that as a new device.

So instead of one device the Now TV system now counts it as two and I guess, in your particular case, you must have done several updates in the past, so what you now have to do is get onto Now TV's help chat, when they're back up, and get them to delete the duplicate device.

May I suggest that in future, when doing a software update, check My Account >> Managed devices and see what the Now TV system has registered as your devices and, if necessary, delete any duplicates you find.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks Uk bob, I will get onto them tomorrow when they are back online 👍🏼

Joe