cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling subscription

Hi, I have been trying to cancel my movies subscription for the past few days before the 15/11 deadline, but to no avail. So now 9.99 has gone from my card. I have tried all of the instructions but everytime I click onto my account (having had to go through 'contact ' to do so) it sends me back to home subscription page again. Locked in a loop.
I would like to know what I can do to get out and claim money you took because I could not cancel through no fault of my own. It seems I am not the first to get stuffed by this either. Not happy at all.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Ok, i tried that, signed out, but not letting me sign in again telling me username and password are incorrect. I typed in the new details i got on Web site via email but keeps giving me error.
Telling me to go to nowtv.com to reset them.

@Anonymous User

Nothing ever goes smoothly with technology does it?

So just to check I understand you right,  you got the correct username by looking on your NOW TV box? (make sure you don't lose that username!)

Then you tried to log in with that username on the website, but you couldn't remember the password, so you requested a new password, but now you can't login with the new password?

If that's the case, I would try resetting the password again. Have a look at the following help page to make sure you follow the steps correctly, it will also explain what to do to your NOW TV box when you change your password to get that working again

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Forgotten-Username-or-Password

And if that doesn't work, follow the advice at the bottom of that page by clicking the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of that page (don't click the How to Contact Us link right at the very bottom as that takes you somewhere else) and then choosing the Live Chat button on the next page to talk to the live chat team. They should be able to sort out your username and password problem.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Ok, i tried that, signed out, but not letting me sign in again telling me username and password are incorrect. I typed in the new details i got on Web site via email but keeps giving me error.
Telling me to go to nowtv.com to reset them.

@Anonymous User

Nothing ever goes smoothly with technology does it?

So just to check I understand you right,  you got the correct username by looking on your NOW TV box? (make sure you don't lose that username!)

Then you tried to log in with that username on the website, but you couldn't remember the password, so you requested a new password, but now you can't login with the new password?

If that's the case, I would try resetting the password again. Have a look at the following help page to make sure you follow the steps correctly, it will also explain what to do to your NOW TV box when you change your password to get that working again

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Forgotten-Username-or-Password

And if that doesn't work, follow the advice at the bottom of that page by clicking the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of that page (don't click the How to Contact Us link right at the very bottom as that takes you somewhere else) and then choosing the Live Chat button on the next page to talk to the live chat team. They should be able to sort out your username and password problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, now I can't watch now TV at all 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, followed more instructions via help topic, this time it instructs me to reset now box. Did this and instead of straight forward back to log in, I have had to go through the whole set up routine, adding router etc. And finally - won't let me go any further until I add my card details again via Now.com!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

post deleted

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy,
It seems there was a conflict/confusion between my Now, and my Sky usernames. Same-same but different 😀
Anyway, Sunita sorted it all out, got me a refund and removed card details to prevent same next month lol. We have another Now account in my Son's name, so not leaving it totally. Besides, I can now start afresh, as and when necessary...
10/10 for efficiency on the chat facility.
Thanks for your help too, Andy.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome, glad it all got sorted for you in the end! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i cancelled my subscription in march only to see that ive been paying for it for the last 10 months and as its such a small amount i didnt notice, however it doesnt exclude the point that it was cancelled and i havent been using the service provided please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried to cancel my subscription and it will not let me, all it wants is my bank details. cannot cancel when I try to get onto my passes it automatically wants my bank details again and again. Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@paul855 if clicking My Account asks for card details, you've logged in with the wrong username. It's possible to have multiple Sky iDs and only the one attached to NOW TV will work. If you've had Sky Broadband or TV in the past your browser may have auto completed your old username. Try other usernames you might use or the forgotten username link on the login screen.
Also you could look through your emails for communications you've had with NOW TV and see if any of these include the correct one, or load the app which you've been watching on and check the settings to see which username is on that.

Once you've got the right one, clicking My Account will show the passes and you can cancel them with a few clicks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the reply. But I only have one account name for most things. I remember cancelling as I had moved address which was why I cancelled however the payments were still going out and i be only just realised now.