cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled my Netflix for... THIS? Really regretting it :(

This morning I decided to cancel my Netflix and give NowTV a go, as it seemed to have far more content. However, I have had nothing but problems and after about 6-7 hours total of trying (with frustration breaks) I still haven't been able to watch anything! Please could someone help me? Here is what happened.

I made an account easy enough, no troubles there, just as quick and simple as Netflix. However, then I was told to install a player, which I thought was a bit strange, but whatever. It didn't install the first time, just came up with an error message, but eventually it did and opened fine.

So I decide to try and watch something, anything. Assuming you just click on the videos like you do with netflix and hit play. Man was I wrong. I hit play on about 10 different things, to get a quick flash of a buffer wheel, and then nothing, just the frozen image taken from whatever show I wanted to watch.

Finally, I found SOMETHING that seemed to work. The buffer wheel was going, it attempted to open a box... nothing. I was getting frustrated, but clicked a few more times and eventually the box showed up. It was the player I had been asked to download... with another error message. Error F20000 I think it was.

I checked the help center, and when none of the advice worked I messaged NowTV about the problem. It has been almost an entire day and still no answer. Nothing. I restarted my laptop, unplugged it, signed in and out a few times. Uninstalled and reinstalled the so-called 'Player' and it still won't let me watch anything.

I'm so glad this is a free trial because at the moment it just seems like a site where you pay to look at still images. I've NEVER had this much trouble with Netflix, I'm not massively tech savvy but I have decent I.C.T skills. So if I can't figure out how to use this site I don't know how people who simply want to watch their shows without any computer knowledge manage it.

If anyone can help please do... otherwise I will be cancelling my subscription tomorrow. Otherwise, if you know of any other sites where you just sign up, click what you want to watch, and then get to watch it, PLEASE share. I really want to see the new Game of Thrones episode, along with other shows. So anything that offers this would be great. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• Are you using an Microsoft Windows based computer or an Apple Mac based computer?
  • Which operating system version is your computer running?
  • Are you running a multiple monitor set-up?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service via an internet browser or the dedicated NOW TV app?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error F20000 is a common issue it seems. I've had this problem for weeks and can't play conent via my macbook anymore and Now TV support have been pretty useless in trying to fix this issue. It's clearly a bug with the NOW TV Application which NOW TV support folk don't want to admit to.