cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancel

You are stealing money from my account! I want someone to contavt me NOW! There is no option to cancel subscription on your website or on my iTunes or even on my apple TV. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  To cancel your account head to My Passes which is under My Account at the top right of the forum page under "Purchased Passes" you will see the option to cancel button.  Just keep clicking "yes" to cancel.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been there done that. It doesnt work! I bought it through apple tv and it doesnt given me an option to cancel on Now Tv web site. It also doesnt show this in my iTunes account!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Been there done that. It doesnt work! I bought it through apple tv and it doesnt given me an option to cancel on Now Tv web site. It also doesnt show this in my iTunes account!

@Anonymous User to cancel via iTunes just follow the steps in the following help article to turn the auto-renew on your NOW TV pass to Off.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

What's the exact 'on screen' message you are seeing when you try to cancel.

Unless Apple does things differently (and why wouldn't it because it's Apple), it should be noted that the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible while the system is attempting to collect payment...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no message as there is no button to cancel. I can't see this subscriptio on Now Tv website, nothing in iTunes...just my bank account. The only place i can see this subscription is mobile app on my phone and in Now Tv app settings in apple but again no button to cancel. Is there anyone from now Tv???

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmmm....

The easiest way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display active sub-windows (ie: windows within windows). Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the grey coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV packages you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Movies, Sports). You should see something like this: -

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button (on the bottom right of the web page).
  • Follow the remainder of on-sceen instructions...

Please note: -

Your NOW TV subscription will run for its full duration, even if it's cancelled after the first day.

The grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible while the NOW TV system is attempting to collect payment(s).

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Normally Live Chat is available, but they're currently experiencing technical difficulties.  These should be sorted soon.  To access it click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above and hit the Contact Us box on the left of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat & Email options (8am - Midnight). Best to use a PC/Mac.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I believe live chat have helped you to locate the correct account and helped you get it cancelled.

If you need any more help let us know.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I manage my subscritpions very closely. I was shocked to find money was been taken directly from my bank account by NowTV for a service I was not using and had previously subscribed to through Apple Tv. I had no subscriptions active in my Apple Tv and was not subscribed in subscritipions. I check this regularly to be sure. Sometimes I find I am subscribed to something I dont want and cancel it immediately, Apple actually refunded some Yoga thing that had taken a yearly subscription without my knowledge.

But for six months it seems Now TV they were taking my money directly from my bank account, for a service I wasn't using,  which I consider stolen. The subscritpion had been processed through my Apple TV, but not through itunes but through some back door it seems. I have just had an online chat with Now TV and they are refusing to refund more than 2 months? I asked to escalate the matter to a manager who did have the authority to issue a full refund and was threatened that the 2 month offer may not stand if it is escalated to a manager, who would only follow the t&c's?! Implying I wont get anything back if I take it further....

Some customer service. 

I am contacting Apple about this. From my Apple TV, in app charges and subscriptions should not be taken directly by the company direct from your bank account. I'm sure this is contravening the Apple's t&c's with their app providers.

I consider this to be some sort of Now TV scam to trap subscribers in the hope they pay them monthly without noticing.

If I was using their entertainment TV and watching it regularly, that would be fine. That is a service for a charge. But who would gladly pay a monthly subscription for a service they are not using? Why would a reputable company not refund money they had taken by stealth, without providing anything in return? Why would Now Tv make it delibrately hard or unclear how to cancel a subscritpion or hide how it is taken and cancelled? This is very cynical sharp corporate practise at best. Theft in my opinion.

I expect a full refund for these mystery six months I have been erroniously charged for.

At present, I am told I can whistle for it. And will get 2 months back if I'm lucky. For a service I haven't used and did not realise I had been subscribed to, outside of the Apple ecosystem. If that is the case, and I dont get a refund, I will certainly never consider using their service again for anything. And I would encourage anyone I speak to to do the same. Apple short certainly question their subscription practises to Apple customers.

Let's see what happens.