cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any Way to Get Support?

Live Chat & email seem to be staffed by the Baldrick family. Are there any support channels staffed by people with at least some degree of basic comprehension? I'm getting a little tired of having to continually keep repeating myself since raising a case on Saturday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Strap in...

Some time ago I purchased a box with a 4 month Entertainment pass. For reasons I won't bore you with the box wasn't used & put into storage. Back in June I subscribed to NowTV for the first time with an offer from Google Home. That's coming to an end next week so I was going to extend using the voucher from the box.

So on Saturday I opened the still sealed box & scratched off the included card to reveal the code. But the code kept coming up as unrecognised. I contacted Live Chat to be told that the code had expired. This despite there being no expiry date on either the box or the card. No explanation was offered beyond Computer Says No.

I was then offered a replacement code for half price subscription. When I pointed out that the original code was free I was told that it was a retention code. Being included in the box this clearly isn't possible, but the operative wasn't budging. 

I then tried email but all I'm getting is faux empathy & requests for the same information over & over. It seems beyond the wit of the operatives to comprehend that NowTV sell boxes with passes included. Yesterday I was asked for pics of the code, so I had to rummage around in the bin to find it & duly provided them.

Today I've been referred back to the discount code as a replacement & then told I have to return the expired code to Tesco for some bizarre reason! I just seem to be receiving random responses that have little to do with the original query:

How can a code with no declared expiry date be expired?

In simple terms I feel I have been cheated out of the entitlement purchased with the box.

Ok, so i've seen this before @Anonymous User I'm gona send you an emial now and then i'm gonna go on lunch from 4. I'll get back to you around 5 or so and hoepfully then, it will be sorted :)Thanks for getting in touch.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the nature of your issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Strap in...

Some time ago I purchased a box with a 4 month Entertainment pass. For reasons I won't bore you with the box wasn't used & put into storage. Back in June I subscribed to NowTV for the first time with an offer from Google Home. That's coming to an end next week so I was going to extend using the voucher from the box.

So on Saturday I opened the still sealed box & scratched off the included card to reveal the code. But the code kept coming up as unrecognised. I contacted Live Chat to be told that the code had expired. This despite there being no expiry date on either the box or the card. No explanation was offered beyond Computer Says No.

I was then offered a replacement code for half price subscription. When I pointed out that the original code was free I was told that it was a retention code. Being included in the box this clearly isn't possible, but the operative wasn't budging. 

I then tried email but all I'm getting is faux empathy & requests for the same information over & over. It seems beyond the wit of the operatives to comprehend that NowTV sell boxes with passes included. Yesterday I was asked for pics of the code, so I had to rummage around in the bin to find it & duly provided them.

Today I've been referred back to the discount code as a replacement & then told I have to return the expired code to Tesco for some bizarre reason! I just seem to be receiving random responses that have little to do with the original query:

In simple terms I feel I have been cheated out of the entitlement purchased with the box.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Strap in...

Ok, so i've seen this before @Anonymous User I'm gona send you an emial now and then i'm gonna go on lunch from 4. I'll get back to you around 5 or so and hoepfully then, it will be sorted :)Thanks for getting in touch.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

For future reference...

Paper 'voucher code' passes remain active for 12 months after their date of purchase (in-line with your warranty). So it's well worth keeping your purchase receipt.

electronically generated 'voucher code' passes purchased from Game tend to remain active for around 6 months.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks & top marks to @Tony-D for a prompt resolution, even allowing for his lunch break!

But someone with responsibility for customer service needs to take a look at why it required a chat session & six emails before posting in here through desperation got the resolution...

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Live Chat & email seem to be staffed by the Baldrick family. Are there any support channels staffed by people with at least some degree of basic comprehension? I'm getting a little tired of having to continually keep repeating myself since raising a case on Saturday.

@Anonymous User, what's up? I can help you, no problems.