cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why my now tv monthly payment gone up

Has anyone had their monthly plan payment  gone up from £18.00 to £32.00 ? And why? Mine has this month. What can i do to get it back to £18.00? 

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the price increase you haven't just come out of a 12 month NowTV Brilliant Broadband deal and you have asked to upgrade to Fab Fibre on a non commitment contract which i believe is normally £32 per month ?

Normally if you have just come out a 12 month Brilliant Broadband deal and haven't committed to a new 12 month offer by getting in touch with the Broadband Team then the price jumps from £18 per month to £25 per month.

Go to My Account > Broadband & Calls and check what Broadband Plan it says you are on (just in case you have moved from Brilliant Broadband to Fab Fibre).

Or are the price increases all related to TV passes (go to My Account > Bills & Payments to see the breakdown of all charges).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thank you I didnt  choose the fab one of  any passes so i will Look now.very grateful for your reply. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appear to be charged for the fab instsad of brilliant broadband which was 18.00 and then after would be 25.00 . So i have been wrongly charged for the fab broadband. Next month it says the payment is 33.00 so even more. No reminder or email to let me know of my 12 month plan at 18.00 was due to end. I do t go into my account so now i have had to to see what was going on. I am.trying to contact thrm but its hard to do that. I want them to offer another 12 month plan at 18.00 as i have done. Not 32.00 for a fab plan which they have automatically put me on without my permission. Or i will have to find a different provider . 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Seeing that you are a NowTV Broadband Team member currently helping out on the Community Forum can you assist @Anonymous User or point him in the right direction on what needs to be done.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I feel exactly the same as you my friend, and i cant even find a call centre number to speak to them,

its not on, isit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am hold atm ringing them.but recorded message says it could be an hour if anyone answers. So maybe i will just hang up. I have been wrongly charged for fab broadband at 32.00 i use the brilliant broadband . The first 12 months was 18.00 then goes up to 25.00 not 32.00 but i did not get an email.or text to remind me of this. i am livid as i cannot get hold of anyone.this website is designed to chase your own tail so to speak.It should be easier to sort these issues out and have 

Bettercommunication.i will want a refund for the wrong plan they are charging me for and willask for the plan to be offered at 18.00 again or i will find a better deal elsewhere. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I was under the impression under new OFCOM rules ISP's have to notify customers coming out of their Broadband & Phone contract and offer them options on what they can do ?

A lot of NowTV Broadband customers including myself have received this coming out of contract emails with a different number of price options or the opportunity to switch.

Edit - Wrongly misread your post sorry about the automatic notification bit that NowTV must automatically send out to Broadband customers coming out of contract (my bad) just ignore my post entirely 😡

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I am still not happy that i had no warning or told this is the case which should be given sooner as i could have rolled the offer on .as you say it is that you "think this is what happened , but you should not have to give assumptions here i should be notified via email by an automated email of the change of plan etc.but this is not to say i am not grateful for your assistance .  it is unfair to charge me without pre warning me. I will ring the number but doubt i will get through.i have tried and i am left on the phone for ages with non stop music and no one picking up. I cannot afford at this time to pay that kind of payment with the coronavirus now causing such stark hardship knock on effects.  I will continue to pursue this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the same thing has happened to me. I’ve paid £25 a month but now it’s £32. And to be fair it isn’t the best connection, I’m thinking of cancelling and going elsewhere