cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AH
Advocate

difficult to impossible to contact

I took out this account not realising that it was a 6 month contract. I understood it to be £6.99 for 6 months then it would increase to £9.99.

I also didn't know until I had already subscribed that I wouldn't have a tv guide or any of the Freeview channels. I have tried to call and to use the chat facility but it is prohibitively difficult to contact Now TV. I understand that I have a 14 day cooling off period which I am taking advantage of and I have asked my bank to block any further payments !

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@AH 

@AH wrote:

I took out this account not realising that it was a 6 month contract. I understood it to be £6.99 for 6 months then it would increase to £9.99.

Yes, that’s the case. what’s the issue here?

I also didn't know until I had already subscribed that I wouldn't have a tv guide or any of the Freeview channels.

Tell me of a streaming device that does these days.

I have tried to call and to use the chat facility but it is prohibitively difficult to contact Now TV.

You can’t call about streaming issues. But you can use Live Chat. The following link leads you to direct contact with Now (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even if that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else.

But what were you going to say to them, that you couldn’t read and understand the terms of an offer?

Nonetheless, they will probably take pity on you, and refund you.

I understand that I have a 14 day cooling off period which I am taking advantage of and I have asked my bank to block any further payments !

And so bang goes your credit rating, if you do this unilaterally 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.