cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unable
Advocate

Billing incorrect

Has anyone a contact number for Now, I have found it impossible to get anywhere using the Indian call centre or the Ai bot on the web site,  What I need is to talk to someone on the phone

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@unable 

Billing for what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
unable
Advocate

@gavs82008 

@RoyB Roy the problem is that they have changed the contract I was in without authorisation charging me an extra £15 per month more.  This is for the Broadband and phone package I had with them.  Also There bills was going up and down over the past few months which I assumed was for phone calls but when I checked there was no charges for phone calls as the phone had only been used a few times in the past year and never for more than one and a half minutes.

RoyB
Legend

@unable 

‘The past year’ is the clue. Your first year discount has come to an end, and Now have moved you onto full price,

You should have had an email from Now about this 1-2 months ago. Maybe check your spam folder?

But it sounds like Now support has fallen off a cliff with the switch away from the NI call centres 😢

Here’s an armload of phone numbers - see if anyone at the end of any of these has good communication skills.

Call 150 from a Now landline, or take your pick of:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
unable
Advocate

Hi thanks for your reply, Yes I am and have been out contract for several years now and each year get an email saying if I want to continue the same package DO NOTHING or select from one of the following options. Each year I have done nothing and had no problem However this year I done nothing and someone applied one of the so called following contracts without my authorisation. In fact this is Theft from my bank account as I see it.  They have no right even under their terms and conditions to claim more money than the existing package which is what I opted for, As for the call centre in India, they are arrogant unhelpful and have a very poor understanding of the English Language, reason enough to leave NOW once I get this sorted, when the call centre was in Londonderry Northern Ireland , on the couple of occasions that I had reason to contact the call centre the issue was sorted in 5 minutes and more important the staff were courteous, knowledgeable and could understand the English language correctly .  As for there web site which was quite efficient it has become a disaster, It appears that NOW is now trying to avoid customer interaction where possible, I would advise people to leave them and go elsewhere when they can. Thanks for these numbers I will sort out which ones I have already tried and try the others , Would love the number for Head office

@RoyB 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@unable 

You do know that NOW offer both streaming TV and broadband right? Which both are handled VERY differently.

The call centre is for broadband customers only. 

So as @RoyB said, for what?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
unable
Advocate

@gavs82008 

I have tried call centres including the one I got in England who didn't want to know and directed the call back to India, the AI bot asks questions it wants to ask you cannot get to the heart of the matter with it, and the web site complaints page is a disaster, I cant even get connected to billing going around in circles for days now. When the call centre was in Northern Ireland I never had a problem, now the process with NOW is profits first (cheap uneducated call centres ) over customer satisfaction

RoyB
Legend

@unable 

Above, you said ‘they have changed the contract I was in’. But now you are saying ‘Yes I am and have been out contract for several years now’.

So which is it, are you in contract, or out of contract?

£15 is pretty exactly the amount that Now add to first year discounted contracts for the second and subsequent years - £22 to £37 or thereabouts, different if you have Anytime calls; so how much are they asking for now?

And yes, Now have been angering customers lately with confusing end of contract emails that seem to offer the choice of doing nothing and getting a certain price, or contracting for another year and getting the exact same price. So why would anyone lock themselves in, customers have asked?

Only to find that if you do nothing, you price goes up from the very next month 😢

Though we haven’t had any such complaints lately, so maybe Now have remedied this.

But at the moment, as far as I can tell, you shouldn’t think of yourself who has been hit with a sudden increase, but rather as somebody who has luckily dodged that increase for several years past.