cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yurii
Advocate

It's very hard to get in touch with you then keep it here. And I'll probably be inclined to disconne

Dear Customer Service Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to address an issue regarding my internet connection, which was established on 12/02/24 at 15A Town Hall Street, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 2EA.

I regret to inform you that I have been experiencing significant issues with the performance of my internet connection. Despite being in close proximity to the router, the connection is remarkably weak, resulting in exceedingly slow page loading speeds. In some instances, certain pages and websites fail to load altogether. Despite attempts to rectify the issue by resetting the internet connection, the problem persists. Additionally, the download speed is consistently below satisfactory levels, ranging between 10-20mbps.

Furthermore, I would appreciate clarification regarding any potential restrictions imposed on my wifi network, particularly those concerning minors under the age of 18. As there are no individuals in my household fitting this description, I kindly request that any such restrictions be removed if they are currently in place.
In light of the aforementioned challenges, I am inquiring whether it would be possible to obtain an additional internet wire from your end. This would enable me to relocate the wifi router to a more central position within my residence, thereby improving signal reception throughout the premises.

It is my earnest desire to address these concerns promptly and amicably in order to enhance the quality and speed of my internet connection. I would be immensely grateful if you could provide me with a feasible solution or propose a compromise that would enable us to resolve these issues together.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution.

Yours sincerely,

Yurii 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Yurii 

You don't and won't speak to staff. So your post is falling on deaf ears. See this link for the purpose of the forum.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

Also do NOT and I repeat DO NOT put on personal information here, it is a direct breach of the forum rules as pointed out here.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Community-House-Rules

For ALL account issues you must speak to staff directly. As you're talking about broadband, you can either call the team or fill out the web form, both are in this link.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ownwonnow
Scholar

@gavs82008 Are there mods on the forums who can edit/delete posts with personal info?

RoyB
Legend

@ownwonnow 

When you could see who was online at present, which it seems you can no longer do, there was always what I think was a bot (not the Nowbot) monitoring for such things.

Likely there still is.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

@Yurii 

You have not sent your very well written, but wordy letter to customer services, but to an open for everyone in the world to see publicly viewable message board/forum.

It is not recommended to post personal information such as your address, from your post i cna see that your nearest pub is the bull on the bridge, and you have an indian nearby called kiplings.

Its also possible to gain more information as well .

Using the openreach exchange search tool, i can see your exchange is  SOWERBY BRIDGE and is served by Cabinet 22 and you should be getting speeds of around 57 down and 15 up ( dependant upon package) with FTTP not yet available

The poor wifi is a known feature of the now Hub2, and you may want to look into getting your own router thats compatible with Nows service, but before you do i would suggest checking your speeds using an ethernet cable instead of wifi.

The content restriction may be a result of something called broadband buddy which can be de activated in your account settings.

If you want to move the router then you can do this yourself with a longer RJ11-RJ11 lead, however if its a cheap and nasty cable then it may affect speeds