cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BB
Advocate

Sky Sports nonsensical offer

Hi, just received an email for 40% off Sky Sports for 6 months, but already on an offer of Sports membership until November with a slightly lower price. Therefore, why the email? Is there some issue with my current 6 month deal until November?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

If you're on a better deal then ignore the email.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

If you're on a better deal then ignore the email.

BB
Advocate

@PaulNormanUK Thanks for replying!

Taz
Advocate

I also received an email.  Offering me sky sports for £10 less a month then I'm currently paying.   But I can't access it.  I wish I'd cancelled in April now.  Really annoying that I'm going to be paying £60 more on my current rate.  Why send it to me if I can't use it! 😡

RoyB
Legend

@Taz 

if you are on a deal that goes forward more than a month, you can’t take another deal.

So Cancel the deal you are currently on, so you only have the rump of the current month, and you should be able to take the new deal to start when that ends. Just as long as the new deal takeup doesn’t expire before the changeover date,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Taz
Advocate

@RoyB 

That's the problem if I cancel now my current subscription won't run out until after the offer ends. Oh well such is life, it's still annoying though.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

That's how it goes... I've held off buying a Sports subscription for months because it's been £26 a month for the last six month (Well for me it has). I took the offer, was worth the wait.