cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where is my now app

I have a now smart stick which I've had for some time. In the oast I have purchased sky sports for a short time. No problems. I have just purchased a 3 month sky sports package via an email offer from Now. 

However there is no Now app on my tv to access this.  There us no Now app either on my smart TV. I have Samsung and LG both with separate smart sticks. The TV are both quite old. 

Please help ! 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On the NOW Sticks there is no actual App, but when you switch on the NOW Stick there should be a NOW Home Screen with different horizontal grid rows for different content and TV Memberships.

Are you seeing the NOW home screen ?

Or is the screen a type of blank green colour with just NOW / Roku in the top right corner with the spinning loading circle ?

if you are seeing the spinning loading circle with no home screen, what happens if you press the star button on the remote.

Can you temporary access the TV Guide (including live Sky Sports) by pressing the star button ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Both LG and Samsung TVs should have the NOW app on the device. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008  

Not old ones, and @Anonymous User said both TVs were quite old.

From the link you gave:-

LG: The NOW app is no longer supported on LG NetCast TVs.

LG WebOS came in in 2014, so any LG TV prior to 2014 won’t support Now.

Samsung: 2015 models and later are supported, but excluding the Samsung Serif range of TVs.

So any Samsung TV prior to 2015 won’t support Now either.

Hence the need for Sticks with old ones, even Smart old ones.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.