cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Headspace61
Advocate

Prime membership discount

Can I get a discount on NOW membership if I have Prime?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Headspace61 

My first post might be a little confusing and hard to follow on read back.

If you are a Prime customer only and never linked NOW to your Amazon account, then you should be eligible for NOW discount if you have seen a NOW offer advertised, but usually you will need to take the offer through NOW and not Amazon (unless Amazon are offering NOW discounts directly with them).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Headspace61 

Do you mean you have an Amazon account and are billed directly through Amazon for your NOW TV Memberships? 

Or you just have Amazon Prime and haven't been billed directly by Amazon for any NOW TV Memberships in the past ?

If you are not billed for NOW TV through your Amazon account then you should be eligible for NOW discount Memberships you see on the NOW website or email offers received from NOW, if you already have setup an existing NOW direct account or create a new NOW account and are not on an existing NOW offer of the same Membership type with more than 30 days remaining or if you are looking at a NOW Sports Membership then haven't got a Day Sports Membership saved or active on your NOW account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Headspace61 

My first post might be a little confusing and hard to follow on read back.

If you are a Prime customer only and never linked NOW to your Amazon account, then you should be eligible for NOW discount if you have seen a NOW offer advertised, but usually you will need to take the offer through NOW and not Amazon (unless Amazon are offering NOW discounts directly with them).

Headspace61
Advocate

Amazon say its possible but NOW claim its not

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you are taking any membership from the app itself you won't get any discounts. The only place I understand that you can get discounts with is on the website or maybe with BT. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Headspace61 

I am a Prime Member, but I have a separate NOW account for all my NOW TV Membership purchases and I get the discounts when advertised on the NOW website or when showing under My Membership exclusive offers for you on my NOW online account.

I don't get email discounts sent by NOW because I usually always have active NOW Memberships running on my NOW account.

Can you provide us more information what discounted offer you are seeking and where did you see it advertised.

RoyB
Legend

@Headspace61 

I can read your question two ways:-

(i) Does having Amazon Prime entitle me to discounted Now Memberships?

to which I know the answer is no;

or (ii) if I sign up the Now via Amazon, rather than directly with Now, can I still get the discounts that Now offer from time to time?

to which I think the answer is no.

Now also offer retention discounts if you have a Membership and start to cancel it; these are easy to obtain, and very welcome, if you are signed up directly with Now. I do not think you can get them subscribing via a third party, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.