cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer69100
Advocate

Payment

Hello.. 

Been away from the 21st to the 23rd with my broadband turned off come back turned it on and not working issue 1... they have been taking the money out randomly and not of the pay it should be taken out issue 2... they have tried taken payment before I got paid and I normally pay £21 but now staying I need to pay £42 issue 3 now I've tried making the payment 5 different times and it's not allowing the payments to come through issue 4 soo please help but now I have a VERY borad Autistic child freaking out and I'm overwhelmed and don't know what to do 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Customer69100 

You’re best to call the broadband team in the morning after 8am. See link below for the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

At the same time you should ask for the payment date to be changed to a suitable one for you.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Customer69100 wrote:

Hello.. 

Been away from the 21st to the 23rd with my broadband turned off come back turned it on and not working

Why did you turn the broadband off? It doesn’t save anything and can disrupt the service, though having said that, it shouldn’t make it stop.

It’s more likely it stopped for non-payment, as you seem to be not one, but two payments in arrears.

issue 1... they have been taking the money out randomly and not of the pay it should be taken out

I’m assuming ‘not on the day’  here. How ‘randomly,’ though? Your payment date shouldn’t shift by more than a day or so either side of the due date, and tends to later rather than sooner anyway. But it’s wise, if finances are tight, to pick a day a few days after the latest you get paid, if paid monthly.

issue 2... they have tried taken payment before I got paid and I normally pay £21 but now staying I need to pay £42

I’m assuming you meant ‘saying’.  If they want £42 now, though, you must be over a month in arrears, or else Now have this wrong,

issue 3 now I've tried making the payment 5 different times and it's not allowing the payments to come through

I am unable to rightly comprehend Now’s business model here. There is supposed to be a mechanism to pay broadband arrears and get back on track, but very many people have reported what you have found, that they cannot get it to work. When I had a company, rule 1 was that we be easy to pay!

issue 4 soo please help but now I have a VERY bored autistic child freaking out and I'm overwhelmed and don't know what to do 

Even without your above catalogue of woes, you can’t rely on broadband staying up, especially non-FTTP, non-cellular-backed services like Now.

But there are dedicated children’s channels on terrestrial TV; it’s wise to keep a stock of DVDs in; and if push comes to shove, you can turn your smartphone into a WiFi hotspot and run your broadband over that, if you have a suitable data plan.

Good luck following @gavs82008‘s good advice though, and do let us know how you get on!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.