cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Payment

Has NowTV changed how the direct debit shows on your bank statement? 
it used to just say nowtv now it says now351db cinema is this correct? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah NOW are changing the information on people's Bank Statement, where it used to show NOWTV Billing and will be replaced with a unique six digit code with additional information such has NOW Cinema, NOW Entertainment etc next to the code.

Apparently they are moving to this billing information system on people's bank statement which helps if you question the bill with NOW live chat and helps them to find the payment in question when the customer quotes the unique six digit code which can be more easier to track down the payment on the NOW database.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the information wasn’t sure if I had been scammed or something and needed to contact the bank but the date of the payment matched my bill but with the transaction info being different was confused 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't checked my Bank Statements recently, but what i have been told there should be a six digit reference code with the description of the Membership ie Cinema, Entertainment, Sports next to the reference code on your bank statement.

The change is purely to help NOW find the payment and NOW account the reference number is accredited against should the customer question the bill with NOW live chat.

I was also told that the new billing information system by NOW could take up to March 2021 before it takes place.