cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Framingham
Advocate

Owed money

My contract ended and I did not renew, I phoned a few times and had now broadband confirm we would get a refund minus the 2 days that were used after the payment was taken which was fair enough but then they made a mess up and didn’t stop our service so then I phoned again and they still confirmed that we would get a refund minus 2 days on the 21/07 but we still haven’t received said refund and they are trying to only refund us £18 n the odd but it’s meant to be and extra £10 more than that!!! I know it’s not a large amount but in these times every penny matters so now broadband pay me what you owe!!! If I owed you money then you would be hassling me but now it’s the other way round I can’t even chat to a real person I get a bot that doesn’t even have the option to chat to a proper person about this issue and I haven’t got time to waste talking to a person (I normally get the phone put down on me even when being polite) please pay me what you owe it’s meant to be us paying for 2 days not 2 weeks so sort it or I am taking this further

4 REPLIES 4
Jayach
Elite 3

@Framingham wrote:

My contract ended and I did not renew,

You do realise you need to cancel? The service won't just stop because the contract has finished.

Posting here will do you no good, we are not Now. you need to contact them.

Framingham
Advocate

I had already contacted them telling them I won’t be renewing my contact and even have the confirmation email as to when the contract was finishing etc so yea they did get contacted about this on numerous occasions, I posted here because I know they have ppl that reply to these to sort situations out and I wanted to make others aware of the situation 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Framingham 

No they don't, not in my many years of using the forum. From my experience with the forum us customers have to point others to contacting NOW directly. 

You not renewing your contract does NOT mean your service will be cancelled. It just means you are no longer tied in and can leave freely. Which you MUST contact NOW or speak with another supplier who can deal with the transferring of service.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Framingham wrote:

I had already contacted them telling them I won’t be renewing my contact and even have the confirmation email as to when the contract was finishing etc so yea they did get contacted about this on numerous occasions

As @gavs82008 says, not renewing doesn't mean cancelling so it depends on whether the agent you spoke to understood. 

Hope you get this resolved, and get your money back (possibly with compensation for the anxiety). personally I would go via the complaints route:

How To File A Complaint (nowtv.com)

How will you be able to manage without broadband, I would be lost without it.

If you are on certain benefits you may be entitled to a social tariff.

Social tariffs: Cheaper broadband and phone packages - Ofcom