cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuepper
Scholar

Not responding to complaint of overcharging

I asked on the phone how to make a complaint and the guy just said he'd made a note of it and his manager would respond by email or text within a few days. That was a month ago and i've heard nothing. I can't see any email for customer services and don't want to phone as I'll be racking up costs that might end up being more than I'm owed. How do you complain ? I looked at Ofcom website and it says I can't complain until i've exhausted Now's complaints procedure but how can i do that when they aren't responding??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

46 REPLIES 46
Jayach
Elite 3

@kuepper wrote:

don't want to phone as I'll be racking up costs that might end up being more than I'm owed. 

What ever you feel you are owed, has to be less than one months subscription. Is it worth the hassle?

You must have spent hours on this.

kuepper
Scholar

Yes, I'll spend as much time as it takes. I  haven't got a job and not prepared to be mugged by Now

chilli2
Elite

Before you jump in with a claim for compensation, make sure you have everything lined up in your favour

If its about broadband...

If this is about the £3.50/month rise then you should have had an email about this , this would have goe to your mail registered with the service you should be able to check this in your account settings somewhere on this website

it would have looked like this

Subject Your NOW Broadband Membership is Changing

If you are at the end of a contract/deal again you should have received an email along the lines of

FROM Now/NowTV/Sky/Now Broadband

Information about your membership

this will contian info on your contract, as well as a detail on some deals and a do nothing offer that will could be the same price you paid when you signed up, this should have an expiry date , and its up to you to keep an eye on this expiry date , as once its up your costs could more than double

kuepper
Scholar

I know all that - I had the emails about the rise and my offer was ending and that's why I switched

Jayach
Elite 3

When would your next payment date have been, had you stayed with Now? Possibly that will be when the overpayment will be paid back.

kuepper
Scholar

According to my Now account the refund was paid on what would have been the next payment date but I've never received anything. Now accepted something's gone wrong  at their end and since told me on 3 separate occasions the refund would be paid in 3-5 business days but each time nothing happened, ditto complaining via webform/email.

kuepper
Scholar

Money finally received, case closed