cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obbig
Advocate

Caller ID no longer displays Witheld

There has been a puzzling change of the behaviour of Caller ID on my connection.  Previously if a withheld number called my display unit would show 'WITHHELD'.  Now nothing happens and the display unit just shows the number of the previous caller.  There has been no change in my phone equipment so it can only be a change in the information transmitted down the line.  Anyone else noticed this?

10 REPLIES 10
redchiz1
Champion 2

I am not sure I understand, are you saying a number other than the one calling is being displayed?

In any event, you won't get direct support from NOW here for this, you need to call them on 0330 041 2518. Don't worry about the narrow selection of prompts, choose "broadband" and they will handle phone-related queries also. 

RSSW
Mentor

Out of interest did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Yes, I am experiencing similar from one particular caller. I have a nuisance caller box fitted and it tells me that the last call arrived with no Caller-ID information from my network. The call is not registered on my handsets and I also have a Caller-ID unit fitted on an extension. It appears to my handset and Caller-ID unit that there has been no call.

Any information appreciated...

RSSW
Mentor

I tried calling the number stated above  but got nowhere...I was repeatedly told to contact my telephone manufacturer and the feature wasn't available. I don't think that the person I spoke to understood the issue.

It used to work earlier this year but doesn't now - I've changed nothing at my end.

Very frustrating. Is there anything I can do to escalate to someone who might understand?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RSSW 

Keep calling until you come across an agent who can understand. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RSSW
Mentor

Thank you; I like the idea but I'll give the complaints number below a try first 😉

redchiz1
Champion 2

You can call the broadband complaints number on 0800 759 1213. 

RSSW
Mentor

Many thanks, I'll try that number. I've emailed and got no response so your input is appreciated.

RSSW
Mentor

@redchiz1 

I called the 0800 number and got through to the same menu as the 0330 number. I discussed the situation again and the following action is being taken: Now TV have turned Voicemail on and are turning it back off again in 24 hours. I'm told that this will resolve the problem.

I'm not convinced but I'll try again in 24 hours. It's a strange one that I've never encountered before.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Do keep us posted.