cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fenboy
Mentor

No access on second device

Hi there,

I have NOW via BT TV. I don't have to logo in. It goes staright to the home page when I open the app.

But I can't watch NOW on a second device as my email address is linked to an old NOW account I had when with Sky while my current NOW user name is not recognised when I try to log in.

I cant simply change to password as this also is linked to my email address which, as explained above, is linked to a defunct account.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Fenboy 

(BT have undertaken to provide telephone support for Now to all its customers who take Now via BT TV, so give them a call if the below doesn’t work).

Open Now on your BT YouView box. Scroll to the little gear wheel top right, and click. See what ‘You’re signed in as’ says. That’s your Now ID through BT.

Is it what you thought it was? If not, there’s your problem. But hopefully, you can remember your password.

So go to your second device, and try to log in with those details. Does it work? Can you watch something?

Unless you have Boost, though, you can’t stream via the Now app on both devices at the same time.

However, as long as you stop watching any Now live channel you might be watching from the EPG on the YouView box first, you can start Now on the app on another device, and still be able to watch something else on Now from the live EPG Now channels on the YouView box.

As above though, if you get stuck anywhere, ring BT and they will sort you out.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Fenboy
Mentor

Thanks Roy, much appreciated. I'll give it a bash.

Regards