cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vic6
Advocate

Movies membership cut off

My movies was mean to end today. I was half way through a film and it cut off at 9:30pm. I would have expected it to end at 11:59pm as I have another part watched film that says I can watch until Feb 29. Turns out I can't finish that one either. Why such a daft end time?

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Vic6 

At a guess, you started the membership at 9:30pm on the 28th January, or some earlier month on that date.

Memberships run to practically the minute of the day,(or the first minute known to exceed a month’s worth when you took out the membership 29th-31st of a month and the final month doesn’t have that day in it, and so tips over to the 1st of the next month).

Re the film on the 29th, either it didn’t say ‘(as long as you still have a subscription then)’ or just possibly Now has trouble with leap years.

The topic of memberships being more expensive per day in February has been raised before, but it all comes out in the wash over several months, if you stick around. Blame the Romans or St Augustine.

And have sympathy for Now, for whom Leap Years are more expensive to run, Feb 29th being effectively a revenue-less day for them 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.