cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen2233
Mentor

More than fed up with adverts

I  subscribe to the sports and I'm more than p***ed off with the amount of ads its not good enough for what I pay 

14 REPLIES 14
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karen2233 

If you’re talking about the live channels, adverts will NEVER be leaving. Any live TV channel outside of BBC has adverts.

If you’re talking on demand content with third party adverts however, they can be removed with boost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Karen2233
Mentor

Thank you for your reply.  It's not good enough paying for a subscription then to have ads whilst watching the cricket yesterday 3 adverts sections in 15 mins this was during the game not the interval i know i probably didnt miss anything but how annoying . 

Karen2233
Mentor

We don't pay any money towards terrestrial tv except for bbc channels. The adverts pay for other channels so paying a subscription should pay for ad free during games

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karen2233 

Sky need the advertising to make a profit. So they rightly so won’t remove them as long as Ofcom requires it. 

Not saying I like them either but there is bugger all that can be done ☹️

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Karen2233 

Sky Sports has been carrying adverts ever since it launched in 1991, have you only just noticed?  🤔

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karen2233 

If you're watching live TV then you will have to do two things. Pay for the TV licence and also put up with adverts outside of BBC channels.

It is the way it is.

Katietoerag

@gavs82008 yeah but we don't pay for normal channels they are paid for BY the adverts. Now tv just trying to get the best of both worlds and you're so far up their ###### I can't tell where you start and they end. All over these threads telling people not to moan when it's a perfectly legitimate reason to complain. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Katietoerag 

And you know that Amazon, Disney+, Netflix and Discovery+ ALL have adverts? 

To say what you did is bang out of order and a breach of the forum rules!
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Community-House-Rules

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

The three dots, bottom item, on the offending posting, is your friend 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.