cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chloe6766888

Money taken out of my account after cancelling subscription

I cancelled my subscription after the 6 days free then got charged but I assumed I’d gone over 6 days then got cancelled for this month too and now need a refund.  

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chloe6766888 

For account related matters or refunds you need to get in touch with NOW live chat by clicking on the green chat online button towards the top of this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

When it comes to cancelling a free 7 day trial I would always recommend cancelling it straight away where you will still get the full 7 days duration and don't leave until Day 6 or Day 7.

Also when cancelling make sure you go through the full cancel process approx 4 or 5 steps on screen and there should be a cancel message next to the Membership once done and you should also receive an email cancellation notification from NOW.

RoyB
Legend

@Chloe6766888 

Presumably this was Hayu? As no other memberships offer a free trial.

But I echo what @schnapps said. Although you always get the full 7 days’ free trial, Now can start their billing cycle on the 6th day, and if you haven’t cancelled by then, you can get swept up in it.

Its possible that this happened, and you cancelled successfully a little later, or it’s possible that you didn’t cancel successfully.

Now’s cancellation process is very long and cumbersome, and it’s easy to bail out early not realising that you haven’t finished it.

I believe that legislation is on its way that is designed to outlaw this sort of thing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chantstia
Scholar

i cancelled my ###### sky sports months ago so you decided to help yourself to £40 of my money from my bank 1 hour ago, thieving shitheads , i want my money then i’m taking action against you thieves

chantstia
Scholar

where’s the 24/7 support

RoyB
Legend

@chantstia 

The nearest thing you will get to 24/7 support on here is dumb clucks of fellow customers up all hours responding.

And as this is a customer to customer support Community, saying “you” and meaning Now won’t get you anywhere, as the only people you are talking to are fellow customers, and we didn’t get your money.

So you cancelled Sport months ago - and presumably got the email saying this was successful, and several months have gone by without your bank account being troubled by Now, but suddenly, it has started up again; and how much money has been taken, exactly, as we can work a few things out from that?

And have you got a Payment Pin set?

Let us know, and we can advise you on your next steps. Which, by the way, should not be adversarial; you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chantstia
Scholar

one word *****

chantstia
Scholar
they have taken an extra £80 and kept it, i asked them to view my account and tell me the last time i watched sky sports, funny they won’t do that
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chantstia 

Already replied to your "kind" words on the other thread you hijacked.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chantstia
Scholar
watch your mouth little boy