cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money being taken out of Paypal

I tried to sign up for NOW TV for one month to try it - there is a series we want to watch.  It took forever to do as the site just kept freezing.  Anyway, I wanted to try the Entertainment Package.

I have just checked my Paypal account to see why there is more money coming out of my account than I'd expected and there are three amounts that have been taken to Sky UK Limited 2 x £9.99 and 1 x £6.00.

I am aware this is NOW but don't know how to get this rectified with them to remove the charges as from what I can see they have charged me for films and entertainment and maybe also the boost, which I didn't want.  Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@12345 

You need to speak with staff via live chat to get a refund. Make sure your signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/membership-options-prices

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Rhetorik1
Advocate

Its impossible, its just circular just goes back to start of request,

really poor.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rhetorik1 

It’s not, you need to click the drop down arrow to provide the live chat chat button. Are you definitely signed in and clicking it?

What browser are you using?

RoyB
Legend

@12345 

It sounds like Now offered you a free trial of Boost along with the Entertainment subscription, and after a week, or maybe a month, you have started being billed for this. And the Entertainment subscription, if you didn’t cancel it in the first month, has now run into a second month,

We can debate the rights and wrongs of Now slipping the Boost trial in, but they do make it clear that Now memberships are a recurring monthly subscription, and you have to actively Cancel them if you only want one month.

If you really were getting Cinema as well, though, then you may have signed up for a minimum six months of Entertainment, at £6.99 a month, and then got free trials of Cinema and Boost, each of which when not cancelled, turned into a paid subscription at £9.99 and £6.00 a month respectively.  So I hope that’s not the case.

By the way, when following @gavs82008‘s instructions on how to reach Live Chat, do not use ‘Get Help Quicker’. It won’t happen 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

Same thing happened to me when using PayPal unauthorised payments to Sky Now TV  1@ £6.00 and £9.99 .
Help page is useless when trying to find out what's going on Pay just refer you back to Sky .
Not happy with the responses seems you may have to phone them up instead of a mail address.
Still reading your post and comments hopefully getting some answers 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Eddie-Headbutt 

Did you try the method in my first post on the thread? 🤔

RoyB
Legend

@Eddie-Headbutt 

You did authorise those charges, sort of, via a rather sneaky procedure that Now have been employing, whereby the form on which you signed up for Entertainment, say, also has preset Free Trials for Cinema and Boost. Which you should delete from the sign-up form if you don’t want them, or at least Cancel each one during its free trial, if you don’t want it to turn into a paid subscription at the end of the free trial.

But it seems you didn’t notice this. And the way it was being done, you may not even have realised you were getting free trials, let alone that you needed to cancel them 😢

But I’m pleased to say that it looks like Now has mended its ways, and no longer preticks any boxes on these forms, beyond for the main item on each. The other offers are still there, but you have to actively select them now, if you want them. Much more satisfactory 😇

To get a refund for these extra unexpected charges, you have to talk to Now on Live Chat, which @gavs82008 kindly links to above. Though even from here, people have trouble:-

This is the page it goes to:-

IMG_1136.png

And you have to click the tiny green chevron (downward pointing arrow) at the bottom of the page, rather than anything larger and more inviting above, and get:-

IMG_1137.png

The green rectangle marked ‘Live Chat’. The Holy Grail of Now Streaming support. Press this, during the appointed hours, and you will ‘talk’ to a real live person who you can discuss your issues with, and hopefully get a resolution.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

I have found the best way to get through is by using the green Chat online button near the top of the page here

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

I have found the best way to get through is by using the green Chat online button near the top of the page here

Cheers @redchiz1 

Though I always wonder if the chat agent who responds has been primed as to the route you chose to get to Chat?