cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clyd
Scholar 2

Membership cancellation

I've been offered a new membership of NOW TV by Talktalk.

So I've cancelled my subscription to entertainment and films but can't find how to cancel the actual membership.

22 REPLIES 22
redchiz1
Champion 2

NOW refer to what one might normally call a subscription as a membership. In order to take up TalkTalk's offer you have to cancel any existing membership you have with NOW, wait for it to expire and then you can order direct with TalkTalk instead. 

Clyd
Scholar 2

That's my problem. I've cancelled the 2 individual subscriptions, but how do I cancel the actual membership of NOW 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Clyd 

You said “I’ve cancelled the two individual subscriptions” then went to say “how do I cancel the actual membership of NOW”. 

Might sound daft but which membership have you cancelled from your first point?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Clyd
Scholar 2
I've cancelled entertainment and cinema.
Now I need to cancel membership of nowtv

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Clyd 

If you’ve cancelled your active memberships then there is nothing else for you to do. 

You can’t cancel anything that isn’t active to be cancelled. Are you talking about closing your account? 

Clyd
Scholar 2

Yes. I need to close the account. Talktalk can't give me the offer while an existing account is open.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Clyd 

When do your memberships that you cancelled expire? 
As I highly doubt they would tell you that the account needs to be closed to use NOW through them. Not saying it doesn’t happen just seems odd as I assumed they would be able to transfer your current account over. 

Clyd
Scholar 2

This is getting very confusing.

The 2 memberships  I closed had a couple of months to go.

However I have just renewed my Talktalk broadband contract. Part of the deal was cheap nowtv for 24 months.

It's too good an offer to turn down so I started cancellations with nowtv.

But the TT offer won't work because of my still open account with nowtv.

I'm assuming the TT offer is a totally new account with nowtv and I will be paying TT in future.  Therefore there can't be 2 accounts open in my name.

So back to square one, I need to be able to close my account.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Clyd 

Sounds like you're having a mare with TT. To close your account you need to email support;

customer services @ nowtv. com (ensure no spaces)