cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Message OVP_00014

I keep getting this message

'You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous streams on your account' - what does this mean.

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you don't have the additional NOW Boost Membership you are limited to one stream at a time (BT TV customer will have two by following a certain method).

Where if you have Boost you can watch three streams at a time on three different devices.

Some information in this link article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no other devices watching NOWTV and I'm still getting an error message.

I've delete the app and started again and it still doesn't work.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Could be an issue with the device switching. 

Chat with staff to get them to reset your devices. 

Jump onto live chat by clicking "chat online" within the green box. Don't click "get help quicker" as this a bot. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This isn't true. I'm getting the error and not streaming on any device... I was watching downstairs go to bed to watch end of film and it won't let me... 20 minutes later same issue... so how long does it take your stupid servers to update? A stupid rule for you that doesn't work stopping me using the service I'm paying for??? Before you try to introduce profit rules how about you check they work to avoid breaking contract your side?

brandybof
Advocate

I had this issue for several months, power down, router etc, changed password, came back still same issue. Talked to Now tv, escalated over and over again. Eventually I cancelled all my subs, claimed compensation, this is an ongoing fault, NOW says they are looking into it!!! For me it was from Feb to May, this is a very poor and unprofessional, not a stable platform, customer service takes along time to contact customer, even then does not solve the problem, but they want the money, do like I did and CANCEL, I was only watching the Golf channel, also had movies, same problem because of the setup, If you stop watching something and return later, error code 00014 appears. Therefore I cancelled my sports and movies subs.

RoyB
Legend

@brandybof  @Anonymous User 

If you don’t have Boost, and you want to move from one device to another without a long wait, then ensure that you cleanly exit the stream of the programme you are watching on the leaving device. No need to exit the device, or even to exit the Now app.

This sends a message to Now that the stream has stopped, so you can pick it up on another device almost instantly.

Just exit Now without stopping the stream though, switch off the device, or switch off your router, it will be ten or more minutes before Now notices the stream has stopped.

During this time, you will get the ‘too many devices’ message if you try to use another device 😢

I have Boost, but I have tested this by firing up three devices, watching on them all, switching one device off, and getting the error message on a fourth device. And then, tried again, this time with a clean stream exit on the third device. Instantly, I was now able to use the fourth device without waiting.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
brandybof
Advocate

Thanks for all advice, tried all this and still did not work, hence the community submitting same problems. It is also difficult to get advice other than on chat, why they dont have a Tech/agent to telephone call and monitor the problem live and help more, is it the network, I have fast fibre and only use a laptop and LG TV.  I have exited sports, waited for hours, during this time did all the necessary reboot, and still received error code 00014. As this problem is ongoing I will not renew, I have told NOW this is an unstable platform and breaking their contract. Their reply is there is NO CONTRACT, month at a time where Customer can cancel. Why should Customer pay an extra £5 boost to obtain a basic one device, i had only one item ie golf channel on the LG smart TV. It worked now and again, and you missed most of the day's coverage of sport, and of course could not view the films. Maybe NOW would like to take up this challenge and fix this problem and the Customer can rejoin to a more STABLE CONDITION??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happened to me just now, moved from one room to another and got the message, ended up going back to original room to carry on watching 😡

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Error-Message-OVP-00014/m-p/580723/highlight/true#M18993

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.