cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JH3
Advocate

Entertainment package not working

I’ve just signed up for the BT broadband package that includes Now TV Entertainment. I reviewed an email from NowTV to verify my email address but it doesn’t appear to be active and is asking me to buy TV Entertainment. Has anyone else gone through this process and could advise why it’s not active/working? BT said to contact NowTV but the chatbot is beyond useless.

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JH3 

Considering you took NOW out with them and the account is handled by them it is up to them to get it activated so you can watch on any device you want. Go back and pester BT is what I say.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@JH3 

BT telephone support can be beyond useless too, and should most certainly not be asking you to contact Now about what is clearly a failure by BT to set up your BT TV account correctly. Which is something that can happen sometimes.

Post your query on :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/bd-p/YouView

and the very capable BT staffers there will sort this out properly for you.

Be sure to include the details of the misguided telephone support you got, so additional training can be given to whoever gave it to you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.