cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dontconme
Mentor

Double charged

I received an email last month which said, you're now out of contract do nothing and your payment will remain the same. This month they've charged me double the amount. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Dontconme 

Many people have posted similarly. The emails seem to be confusing. At some point, somewhere, it should have also been made clear at what point any current discounts end, which would have have an impact on the price of your service going forwards.

Sadly, other than sympathy from fellow customers, you will not get any respnse from NOW here on the community. You need to reach out to them directly via the usual contact channels. Bear in mind that you are out of contract so are free to leave/switch any time you choose. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Dontconme 

Many people have posted similarly. The emails seem to be confusing. At some point, somewhere, it should have also been made clear at what point any current discounts end, which would have have an impact on the price of your service going forwards.

Sadly, other than sympathy from fellow customers, you will not get any respnse from NOW here on the community. You need to reach out to them directly via the usual contact channels. Bear in mind that you are out of contract so are free to leave/switch any time you choose. 

Dontconme
Mentor

@redchiz1 Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was told that everything would stay the same the service and the price. The service is exactly the same but they have doubled the price. Im moving shortly so won't be taking the service at my new home after this terrible behaviour. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Dontconme 

OK, hope it all goes smoothly and don't forget to cancel with NOW before you move! 🙂

Dontconme
Mentor

@redchiz1 Thanks for listening. I think you seem to know what your doing on here I would like to make a statement asking all people that are being charged after they've cancelled their services to take this and any other company to the small claims courts. This extortion needs to be stopped. We wouldn't be charged by the local shops for something we didn't have, so why do these internet companies think they can do it.? I've decided to go on a mission now. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Dontconme 

You didn't see you had been charged after cancelling your services? Subject to the notice period, previously paid charges are normally refunded.

I wouldn't advise going to the small claims court in any event and certainly not before exhausting all internal complaints processes and going through the ADR service. 

RoyB
Legend

@Dontconme @redchiz1 

I would, in turn, advise that once having decided to leave Now, you let your gaining provider contact Now on your behalf to cancel, if they offer that service, rather than doing it yourself.

This will effect a smoother transfer, with the minimum of downtime for your internet service during the changeover.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Dontconme
Mentor

@RoyB Thanks for your reply. Ive now tried to contact them by telephone, the link doesn't work and by emails but have been notified by Microsoft the email address doesn't exist. I used the ones on the Now site link. I will try again tomorrow it seems they are extremely evasive but if they want to be like that I'm leaving the country soon so they can carry on providing an unpaid service for as long as they want, because the next tenant won't be responsible and I'll be far away.