cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb64
Scholar 2

Devices Deletion

Hi all now have made it easier for you to delete devices by signing out of all devices in your account devices section.

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@sb64 

Yes, but have you tried it and confirmed that it actually works?

My Devices List has no devices in it, just 50(!) occurrences of using the web browser to view Now web pages, which doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence 😢 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
sb64
Scholar 2

Yes it does work i have tried it,but you can't delete one device you sign out of all devices.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just wondering if anybody has done a forced sign out of all devices under "Devices" on their online NOW account and when they signed back in they have kept the original name of the device that they changed a few years back.

I have one playback device that I want to keep the name I changed a few years back, where my guess it will be lost and replaced by the default ID name such has Roku, Android TV etc.

Not having the option to rename my playback device name to an ID name I want to use is driving my nuts, with so many Roku devices I own and use.

The only reason I am asking about the sign out of all devices, is that I have an Android tablet with no downloads and has the error code 20001 for the last few weeks and even I have watched on more than six different devices It doesn't get removed from my list and is stuck there on my list.

Wish NOW would give customers an option to remove individual devices, together with the option they have now implemented to sign out of all devices.

Also I have given NOW feedback that under Devices on your online NOW account the Device list seems now to track when you either log into the NOW website or sign in with a new entry on any of your playback devices.

Only found this out when I signed into an older NOW black box I don't use anymore to test the Disney + App and didn't even watch anything on NOW but it registered the box on my online account Devices list.

I received two emails from NOW about the NOW Box sign in,  where the email also showed extra information such has the IP location of the device and time of the sign in etc.

The second email was a duplicate, plus the same NOW Box was duplicated under Devices on my online account, where NOW have mentioned this on their updated revised help article in the link below "Managing My Devices".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Personally I prefer the older method where under Devices you can track when playback devices was last watched.

At the moment the only way I can do this is by picking up my Android Tablet or Android phone using the NOW App under the gear wheel icon to check on devices last watched on.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps said:-

At the moment the only way I can do this is by picking up my Android Tablet or Android phone using the NOW App under the gear wheel icon to check on devices last watched on.

That’s what I have to do now. But shhh, or Now will “fix” this 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
sb64
Scholar 2

Would have been better if now would let you delete one device at a time.

What is it with them sending duplicate emails saying you have signed out of all devices?

They could have done things better than that.