cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
worldwise5
Observer

card payment **Fixed**

I had an issue in the fact I couldn't cancel my card that was having money taken for a subscription, tried all sorts but got nowhere, and nearly £30 per month was taken. Every time I went to cancel no joy!

Apparently, Nowtv is owned by Sky Broadcaster, the "Sky account is in my wife's name and being paid for by my wife, so when you go and get or pay for anything in NowTv, let's say as your name is Joe Bloggs and you put your bank card details in as Mr Joe Bloggs: Bank of Anywhere: Card Number:  xxxx xxxx xxxx 44556, you then get the subscription service you want, if you try to cancel that subscription service, it won't allow you to, you have to get the person who HAS the "SKY" account to do it I used this link and spoke to a human person on live chat. https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint  it was a bit of a rigmarole but got there in the end. 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@worldwise5 

Was this for streaming services, or broadband?

Anybody with access to the account for streaming services can cancel any membership at any time, whether it is your account or not.

Broadband, not so.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.