cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldJane

Cancelling a NOW TV contract

Apparently I have a membership.  I have no idea what I am a member of, but debits have been hitting my credit card since last March.  I have now blocked them via the credit card but have no idea how to cancel the contract.  

I managed to sign in but when I follow the instructions to cancel, no 'cancel my membership' option appear; just 'join'.  

I don't use NOW broadband so I presume it is NOW TV.  I did once start a trial but cancelled within 5 minutes, but that is the only possible reason I am being charged.  I have never, watched a single NOW TV programme in my life, and now am struggling to cancel.  Please, please someone help me.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@oldJane 

You will have an account, for Now streaming, which is not the one you know about.

There are several ways this can happen, ranging from the sinister to the harmless.

You should contact Now via Live Chat, as I describe below, and have them sort this out for you, including refunds.

If they won’t refund every month since March, contact your card issuer to see if you can get a chargeback for the remaining balance. This, again, may depend on the exact circumstances here.

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that, when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even though that is something you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else relevant to this, like getting that rogue account closed.

Depending on the root cause, they will likely have some advice on how to guard against a recurrence.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.