cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LockedOut
Observer

Can't update email on NowTv account

Hello there and......help!

I have an active NowTv account and need to update my email address as I no longer have access to my old one (the one registered on my account).

When I sign in I am taken to my Bb and line rental Now account and there are no TV memberships showing there.

I definitely do have an active Now TV account as I can watch the content I'm subscribed to.

On the NowTV website there is no way to contact any member of staff (the contacr us/Live chat) link just loops back to the start of the ContactUs options again.

I also can't raise a complaint to try to get this resolved as the email address that NowTV has on record is........my old one! 😞

Does anyone have any advice on how to get through to a person or even a reasonably functional chatbot so that I can update my TV account email?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LockedOut 

Are you paying for the TV memberships as part of the broadband contract?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
LockedOut
Observer

Not as far as I can see.

The Bb and line rental version of myself is ticking along just fine, with no mention of an active TV service.

I can also sign in to.....a.....NowTV account with no active subscriptions on it (I'm guessing a zombie 'tv account' that was created when I took out Now line and BB).

It's the other (first) Now account that still clings to the dream that I have my old email address that is the issue: I'm now stuck with a TV subs that I cannot cancel or update and NowTV will not provide any way to contact them on, using my correct contact details.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Click on the green Chat online button near the top of the page here which should get you straight through to an agent. 

LockedOut
Observer

"On the NowTV website there is no way to contact any member of staff (the contacr us/Live chat) link just loops back to the start of the ContactUs options again."

Yes I have tried clicking that button.....it just goes back to the earlier 'contact us' page.

😞

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LockedOut 

Try another browser or deleting the cookies.

Could be worthwhile trying without wifi.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@LockedOut 

When you are wherever it is that you can watch your Now Memberships, find My Account - which may be behind an * - and look up the Account Name in use, which will be shown there.

This may prompt you to remember the password, after which you can log on with these details and change your email address.

If not, then, armed at least with the account name, you can contact Live Chat thus:-

Chat online

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Live Chat should then be able to sort you out, where I would suggest that, if they can, they move your existing Memberships to the zombie bit of the broadband account, thereby unzombie-ing it, and delete the no-longer-accessible account.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
LockedOut
Observer

Same as my earlier reply, clicking on that button does not open any chat window or service, it just goes back to the earlier Contact Us page.

I really don't know what to do.

A company I am paying has not provided a working method for me to contact them and to allow me to update my contact details.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 21.21.13.pngAre you using the green Chat online button on the links provided by two us now? I have just tested it and got straight through.