cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been charged for multi room (never asked for it)

I never asked for 3 simultaneous connections, but they seemed to charge me £5 for it, despite cancelling my membership. How do I get this back?

I'd swear NOW TV is working hard to avoid me speaking to them.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is no such thing as "multi-room" which is a Pay TV term such as BT TV, Virgin and Sky. What your referring to is boost. 

Which does more than give you 3 streams. See link below for what Boost is all about.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Did you get an email confirmation about the cancellation? What membership did you cancel?

If it was cinema or entertainment, then boost is completely separate and would need to be cancelled also as it isn't automatically cancelled when you cancel either of the other memberships.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes indeed. Boost. Sorry for my terminology. 

I cancelled the sports subscription a couple of weeks ago. Still got charged the "boost" though, despite not being subscribed to anything. Plus... I never asked for it in the first place !

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

With sports offers on the section of the site boost is automatically applied to your account for a 7 day free trial unless cancelled.

Assuming you don’t want the benefits of 5.1 sound and 1080p, along with no adverts for on demand content I would suggest jumping onto live chat. Make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you will try that. I am feeling very annoyed and frustrated with the sneaky ways NOW are taking my money.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

My understanding is that Boost will cease at the next due payment date if there are no other memberships in force at that time.

So you could be paying for up to a month of Boost when you haven’t got any Memberships to take advantage of it, worst case, but no longer than that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.