cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unblock
Mentor

Authorise unblocking

Hi

how do I authorise unblocking of the sports package please??

thanks

tom 

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Unblock 

There is/was an issue with Day Passes where if you tried to watch them on a TV, they wouldn’t work, and the workaround was to start the Pass on a mobile phone, after which you could switch to watching on a TV.

There is an issue (though this is something deliberate, for child safety) where when you first take Now Broadband, the Broadband Buddy software is set for age 13, and you have to set it to 18+, or off completely, to get unfettered access.

There is an issue that if you have been watching Sport on one device, and move to another without shutting down the first stream properly, then you may be told you are watching on too many devices. You can’t unblock this for yourself, but it will clear automatically after 10-20 minutes, depending on when Now next checks your devices for abandoned streams.

But if it’s not one of those three things, then please explain your issue in more detail, as I am out of further ideas 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Unblock
Mentor

@RoyB  so i accidentally blocked it via my bank. Then I unblocked it straight away. Rang bank as I wanted to watch sports today and they say I have to speak to NowTV. But who do I speak to to unblock my card as it’s unblock at the bank end 

RoyB
Legend

@Unblock 

Ah, a fourth thing!

Now, with monthly streaming, will make a number of attempts to take the next month’s money for a membership, and then give up if unsuccessful, and cancel the membership. That leaves you and them even.

So you simply start a new Sports Membership, with your now unblocked card. Should be OK.

If you were on a deal, or a discount, and it wasn’t a Six Month Minimum deal, you have lost it 😢  You could try asking Live Chat to reinstate you; they might refuse, but if you don’t ask, you don’t get 😛

If you were on a Six Month deal, I don’t know what happens exactly, but I would expect it to be continued as if you had simply made a late payment.

(Nor, come to that, do I know what happens if you try to bail out of a Six Month Minimum early. But as you aren’t doing that, it doesn’t matter here),

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Unblock
Mentor

@RoyB how do I contact the live team to try and sort it. I did have the 6month one. 

RoyB
Legend

@Unblock 

Ah, OK, that’s the thing to do then.

Contact them as described in this (quite unrelated) post:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/IP-and-Geoloction/m-p/621617#

I think your chances of success are higher than his 😛

Unblock
Mentor

@RoyB unfortunately not letting me continue to talk to anyone. As soon as I select what wrong it doesn’t do anything. So will try again tomorrow. Thank you for the advice