cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows upgrade

Hello,

I have just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and for some reason it does not consider it as a device. I can see it on the device list as I was watching it yesterday and now it say's I have to wait until June 1st to add another device.....but i shouldnt need to add it as it is already there and was working fine yesterday.

Please can you help.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello, does this help at all? If not, live chat is the best option so they can reset a slot for you. Just scroll to the bottom of that help page and click 'contact us'. You will then see 'live chat' but be quick as they finish at midnight. 

Hours are 8am-midnight 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks foir the response but it has not helped 😞

It still does not think my laptop is a device even though I named it and was on it the other day.

Will try 'live chat' now.

Thanks Again

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User Hello, does this help at all? If not, live chat is the best option so they can reset a slot for you. Just scroll to the bottom of that help page and click 'contact us'. You will then see 'live chat' but be quick as they finish at midnight. 

Hours are 8am-midnight 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue on my daughter's laptop.  Pretty certain that whatever is being used to identify the computer must have changed when the upgrade happened.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Having the same issue on my daughter's laptop.  Pretty certain that whatever is being used to identify the computer must have changed when the upgrade happened.

Hi @Anonymous User

if you're now using Windows 8 or above  you shouldn't be using Silverlight any more anyway

If you're using Windows 8 or above you can use the now TV Windows 8/10 app instead of Silverlight. This bypasses Silverlight completely, which means you should have far less issues. The app can be downloaded using the Microsoft store on Windows 8/10. It is downloaded and installed free of charge, but you will need a Microsoft account.

Be aware that the nowTV app will be seen as a different device by now TVs systems. So if you have four devices in your account. You would need to remove one of them

Another bonus of the Windows 8 app is that you get 720p HD on demand.

If you run into into device management issues live chat might sort this out for you. If you explain the problems you've been having with Silverlight and the fact that you have Windows 8\10

To get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "contact us" and then click "live chat".

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

if you're now using Windows 8 or above  you shouldn't be using Silverlight any more anyway

If you're using Windows 8 or above you can use the now TV Windows 8/10 app instead of Silverlight. This bypasses Silverlight completely, which means you should have far less issues. The app can be downloaded using the Microsoft store on Windows 8/10. It is downloaded and installed free of charge, but you will need a Microsoft account.

Be aware that the nowTV app will be seen as a different device by now TVs systems. So if you have four devices in your account. You would need to remove one of them

Another bonus of the Windows 8 app is that you get 720p HD on demand.

If you run into into device management issues live chat might sort this out for you. If you explain the problems you've been having with Silverlight and the fact that you have Windows 8\10

To get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "contact us" and then click "live chat".

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Where did I mention using silverlight?  This is just a forced upgrade to Windows 10, meaning it shows as a different device.  I already had 4 devices registered and have already swapped one this month so couldnt swap again.
I contacted the Live Chat, explained that it was just a Windows 10 upgrade and it was the same PC and they sorted it for me.  Now using the NowTV app.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Where did I mention using silverlight?  This is just a forced upgrade to Windows 10, meaning it shows as a different device.  I already had 4 devices registered and have already swapped one this month so couldnt swap again.
I contacted the Live Chat, explained that it was just a Windows 10 upgrade and it was the same PC and they sorted it for me.  Now using the NowTV app.

@Anonymous User well if you were already using the now TV app on Windows 8, then the OS upgrade shouldn't mean that the computer is seen as a different device. However, if you were using Silverlight on that machine before the upgrade. Then the OS upgrade would mean that the machine is seen as a different device. It's all down to the way Silverlight DRM works. Unfortunately.

If you're using Windows apps then and OS upgrade should not be seen as a new device because HTML 5 based DRM is more intelligent, however, a clean OS install would be seen as a different device.

I put the bit about Silverlight in my response, because using Silverlight on Windows 8/10 machine is ill advised. Silverlight isn't really designed for those OSs Silverlight hasn't received a major update since the days of Windows 7. The only kind of update in receives now is the odd security update.

Your post gave the impression you were still having the problem. I apologise for the misunderstanding 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This should now be resolved for you.

Andy