cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why have you stopped supporting Firefox.

Sorry – Mozilla Firefox no longer supports watching NOW TV on this device

We're working on something shiny and new for you, but in the meantime you can still watch NOW TV using Internet Explorer.

Surley the "shiney and new" thing should be rolled out so there is no break in me using Firefox

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, Aaron, and yes, as per my PS above, I've tried all the steps under that heading on the Help page, but no luck.

I'm assuming - maybe wrongly - it's a Silverlight thing, but nothing's changing it at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking at the other recent posts on this thread, I'm clearly not alone.

Seems NOW are going to be losing quite a few drop-in subscribers like me, which presumably they're not that bothered about. I pay monthly for the Entertainment pass (Sky Atlantic's the only draw there) and ad hoc for Sports (got a slight football addiction).

To re-iterate, I've done online 'help' with someone who couldn't, tried all of the tips suggested to remedy the 'black screen on Windows 7' problem, and uninstalled then re-installed Silverlight. Running the most recent IE, btw, which I only downloaded because of Firefox and Chrome's incompatibility.

To summarise: NOW, are you saying that Windows 7 users simply won't be able to view anything from now on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For those suffering the same problem, but who haven't seen one of the other, longer threads about it, the answer (at the mo) seems to be a browser called Pale Moon, from the people who brought you Firefox.

I've downloaded it and will use it exclusively for NOW TV, which appears to work fine on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seriously when is Sky going to fix their browser streaming issue! End of week, then if it's not fixed I'm switching to another content provider period. Shame.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried the Now TV App - but it insists on taking the full screen of my cintiq drawing tablet. I usually have it on in the bacground in a small window on my second monitor - but this doesn't seem to be an option with the overly simplistic design of the App.

I'm running Windows 10 and Firefox, Edge and Chrome no longer work - and Internet Explorer just hangs with a blank screen.

Should I just cancel my subscription, because it's suddenly become useless?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 🙂

Do you have any of these devices to try? 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Stores like Argos or even Amazon sometimes have deals on the NOWTV boxes that come with vouchers which is a bonus! 🙂

If  want to stick to the PC, have a word with live chat and see if they can help:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Poor-Quality-Windows-PC

Click the link and then the green contact us button at the bottom. Then select live chat. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, caseyb1993 I use NowTV to keep me focused at my desk while I do my illustration work.  There's no point in me spending extra money on a NowTV box as I need it to play (as it always had until yesterday) on my second monitor.

I have NowTV installed on my ipad and a PS3, but neither is used that much, and are not easily utilised while I'm working.

Elsewhere here it suggests that Firefox is to blame as they've abandoned Silverlight, but how can that be true of Chrome, Opera and Firefox all on the same day?

I'll talk to your livechat before I cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spoke to Livechat and they say there's no solution immediately - but:

'Well, I'm afriad that we're working on getting the issue resolved with the player and Firefox and will resume shorlty.  I'm sorry for the hassle but be assured, it will be resolved shorlty.'

So I may as well cancel my subscription until it gets fixed.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It a real shame you're still stuck with Windows 7 (which was first released way back in October 2009)...

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

It a real shame you're still stuck with Windows 7 (which was first released way back in October 2009)...

I still have my trusty old Windows 7. 😉

(Plus a Windows 10 laptop from Christmas.) 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂