cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

iPhone to Chromecast - Connect to device - no devices showing

I have been using nowtv via iphone to chromecast for over a year without any real problem. Last night I wanted to watch a programme on my TV, but when I hit the cast button, no devices showed under the "Connect to device" selection.

I've reset my chromecast, and successfully connected via iPlayer, Netflix, C4, and ITV player. All without a hitch.

I've removed the now tv app, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, but still no device showing to cast to.

I have even removed the chromecast device from my list of devices under now tv account, with an empty slot available, but still unable to connect. 

There are no clear instructions on how to connect to a chromecast, have now tv stopped supporting chromecast? It would seem so, since there is now way to connect to chromecast from the app, and most references to chromecast have been removed from the website. The instructions found via google search on now tv site seems very out of date and assume you bought it from now tv.

Has anyone had the same problem, or know how this can be fixed? This is a showstopper for me as Now TV don't provide an app for my samsung smart tv, and I don't have any more hdmi ports left so I'm not buying another device if they have stopped supporting chromecast. I will have no choice but to stop my subscription as this is the only means to watch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
There no issues with NOW TV App using iPhone how I’ve got iPhone.
Here way to fix it how I’ve done it in past, close down NOW TV App , Google Home App then restart your hub , wait for it start up get connected again , then check chromecast connected then on NOW TV App check if cast logo shows up but if doesn’t just close apps down.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
There no issues with NOW TV App using iPhone how I’ve got iPhone.
Here way to fix it how I’ve done it in past, close down NOW TV App , Google Home App then restart your hub , wait for it start up get connected again , then check chromecast connected then on NOW TV App check if cast logo shows up but if doesn’t just close apps down.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rebooting the hup after shutting down the apps did not solve the issue, but rebooting TV, router, hub, phone etc all at the same time did fix it so thanks for the help.