cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound when signed into you view

I watch now tv all the time and today for some reason I have no sound at all coming through. I am accessing now TV movies on my you view box and never had issues before.
Have reset the box / removed and re connected the hdmi cable / reset tv / there is no other sound system connected just tv and box. Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I watch now tv all the time and today for some reason I have no sound at all coming through. I am accessing now TV movies on my you view box and never had issues before.
Have reset the box / removed and re connected the hdmi cable / reset tv / there is no other sound system connected just tv and box. Any ideas?

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to confirm your using a Youview box? Because you posted in the PC section

No sound is usually HDCP issue. I know you said you disconnected and reconnected HDMI cable that you may need to replace the cable with a new one. If the cable is dodgy then it may well be calling HDCP to kick in, which is resulting in no sound.

This may seem like a silly question but the you viewbox itself doesn't have mute turned on does it? Sorry, but I had to ask you be surprised how many times I tried to help people and it turns out to be the simple things Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.