cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error connecting Message

On pressing the play button on a video Now TV is returning the message :

There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community.

This does not solve itself by reconnecting, restarting, logging out and has stopped me using the service for the past 3 days.

It had been working fine up until then, and I have not changed any drivers or operating system.

Any help would be appreciated otherwise I will be cancelling, as I am not paying for a service I can not use. 

Also does anyone know hoe to access live chat?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that this happened.

Can you please tell me what device are you using - Windows (XP, Vista, 7 etc)? Can you tell me the make and model of your computer? Which Browser are you using? Do you have any antivirus software downloaded? 

When was the last time you were able to play out? Have you tried any other device?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Birgit.

I am using XP.  Not sure of the make and model as my husband made it. I am using firefox and yes we have antivisrus software..  It was fine for about 3 weeks, the it just stopeed working about a week ago!

Thanks

Lisa

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me which antivirus software are you using? And do you know the version of Firefox and Silverlight?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are using AVG antivirus software. And I believe the most upto date of the others.

Thanks

Lisa

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

Did you manage to find out the make and model? Can you ask your partner?

Can you please tell me the versions of Firefox and Silverlight please?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am new to Nowtv, tried to watch game on PC and kept getting this error: There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community.

I'm using Firefox version 45.0.2 and runningAVG anti virus

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also , just downloaded Silverlight today so assume it will be the latest version

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you let us know what version of Windows you are running, if all service packs have been installed and is the anti-virus is up to date?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is an error connecting.  Please try again in a few moments.  

This was hours ago how do I resolve this?