cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit reached due to windows 10 upgrade.

I'm very annoyed and frustrated, I can't watch any now tv shows after upgrading all the household pcs to windows 10. It keeps telling me I have reached my device limit, even though I have deleted all but one and that one won't let me on. I wanted to cuddle up with the missus tonight and watch a movie for the first time in ages and I'm being prevented from doing so. In an era when most streaming services allow your account to be on multiple devices, this is positively archaic. It says I can't add a new device until February, which luckily is tomorrow. Utterly pathetic!

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should have said unlimited number of devices, not multiple because apparently I'm supposed to be able to have up to four, even though i'm being blocked from watching anything with only one device enabled. This does not breed goodwill with your customers. If HBOGo was available outside the USA, you'd have lost a customer!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

While I'm ranting, I just want to add, that having an arbritary limit of one new device per month added is pathetic. If I have to delete my old devices because your servers can't recognise that my windows 10 pcs are still the same ones as they were before, I shouldn't be penalised by being prevented from watching content that I am paying for, by having to wait until the next calendar month before adding a new device! I should be able to delete and then add them immediately. It's called "convenience" and it's what good companies provide for their customers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As this is account related I will send you an email regarding this soon.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy for resetting my devices and explaining why there is a device limit.

I apologise for being a bit ranty and commend you for the professional, timely way in which you dealt with my issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what was the explanation behind having a Device Limit ..Seems daft to me !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Simple answer is product licencing

In over 30 months I've not found it to be a problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having problems watching Now TV on my Windows PC and XBOX devices. I recently bought a Now TV Box and swapped my Mac device for the Box. 

However since doing this I have not been able to use my other devices. It comes up with the message that there are too many devices registered. When we only have 4 devices connected. 

Please sort this out as no one in the house can watch Now TV that we are paying a lot for!!!

thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Again as this is an account related issue I will send you an email soon

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thankyou, that  has worked now:)