cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot watch anything because of licence problems

Hi.

Now TV Was working for all of 2 days then stopped...Some licence problem - Reading similar posts this seems to be a pretty common fault/problem, that Now TV cannot fix (be bothered to fix?!)

Nothing changed on my PC, no updates/changes to Silverlight in that period and everything upto date, it just stopped working.

Followed trouble shooting guides, didn't make a difference....and to be fair customers shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get a simple website streaming service to work?

Running on PC - Vista HP 32 bit - Silverlight 5.1.41212.0

My IP Address is registered to LONDON - United Kingdom

All my other Silverlight Streaming Subscription sites work fine, and always have done, but Now TV literally worked for about 2 days after I paid for a pass then "Licence Problems","Please try again in a few moments".....when you say a few moments is that literally meant to be a few days/weeks/months/years?!

Please advise

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi you say your IP address is registered to London rather than you live in London/ UK. If it says licence problems I suspect that the system believes that you are not in the UK even if your IP address appears to show you are.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I also live In LONDON UK?!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi AWR

Following on from what 4268 has asked, is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) UK based or based abroad?

I'm simply thinking that your IP address has got changed or unregistered somewhere which can happen if your ISP performs maintenance or upgrades to their systems.

May I suggest that you check out this URL, the name speaks for itself:

http://whatismyipaddress.com

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Standard BT Broadband. Probably the largest UK provider, so doubt its got anything to do with them.

My IP Address is still registered In the UK so no changes there - I wouldnt even know how to change that anyway!

Legend 5
Legend 5

Try using Now via app on phone if you have spare device slot. That will eliminate whether is internet or PC issue.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried getting in touch with NowTV Live Chat ?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above

If you haven't, then maybe this might be your best option.

Press the contact us on the green box towards the bottom left of my linked page to speak to live chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep just went through trouble shooting guide again, didn't work, after restarting computer 3 times decided enough was enough...so cancelled subscription going forward - problem solved!

I/they  couldn't understand why my Sky Go works - same licence agreement (can only watch in the UK) and Silverlight program but Now TV dosn't want to work?!

Anyway thanks all for the help, and good luck!