cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

poor picture quality on all sports and entertainment channels

have just turned my box on for the first time since late yesterday evening and the picture quality is really bad.the picture on all channels are all blurry,there has definately been a drop in the picture quality from when i last watched on sunday evening which was perfect,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,anyone else have this issue?

92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stream quality down to 969 now when watching the golf. It's getting worse. Was 1064 earlier and should be 4865.

I'm paying £33.99 for this 'privilege'. 

lockmatt
Expert 2

AND STILL THE PROBLEM CONTINUES AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE FROM NOW TV REGARDING THIS ONGOING ISSUE!!!!!

lockmatt
Expert 2

darts on tonight,international football starts tomorrow and the f1 begins this weekend and still i continue to have a poor picture quality now tv,do you really care that this is still ongoing for your paying customers,absolute joke this issue has become,no comment from you on messages i have sent on facebook,twitter,no service updates on here to inform us when there will be a fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another customer affected by this ongoing problem. I'm casting to my TV via iPad and Chromecast and all of the Now TV live streams are extremely poor quality, unwatchable at times. My Smart Box is the same. My WiFi connection is stable and box sets play as normal.

I subscribe to Sky Sports monthly and WON'T be doing so in future if this problem isn't rectified quickly.

Rgds.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Miketurn@Anonymous User@Anonymous User this really is becoming a joke,no response from now tv still,this is really bad customer service,i have a monthly pass and will be cancelling it soon if this is not sorted soon,the really annoying thing is the no response from now tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Just to update, I have spoken to NOW TV again today and they have said they are not providing an estimated time for when this will be fixed, although they do acknowledge the problem. When I asked them to keep people updated on this thread, they said they will contact affected cusotmers when it is fixed. 

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User it is affecting so many customers over various platforms,why cant they just post something in the service status to let us all know,if and when its sorted i do hope they will refund all the affected customers in some way

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing poor picture quality, I have tried the app on my LG Smart TV, PS4, Xbox One and smart phone and all of them max out at a stream quality rate of 1064 when it usually is over 8000 ! Clearly the fault is Now TV's end, my broadband is over 50mb/s and all speed test websites report over 47mb/s and more tellingly Amazon Prime streams 4K programs perfectly. Come on Now TV the F1 season starts tonight and I dont want to watch it in SD !!!

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User lets hope its sorted soon as its getting annoying now,the problem is still ongoing with the sports and entertainment channels,the picture quality on sunday was perfect.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@lockmatt do staff from NowTV check these forums? need to make a bit of noise about this to get them to axe this new update

Yes. Constantly. There's also a report option if you feel you're being ignored 😉