cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News

Hello, my sky sports month pass ran out at the weekend and now I can't get Sky Sports News? I thought I was entitled to the sports news channel for a month after the pass ended? I got it the last time my pass ended for one month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's available for 30 days after you first active a sports pass, so day users get the most amount of extra time, whilst month users get none. 

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can this be made an IDEA?

Put the Sky Sports News App on Roku.

Can't be a big issue,  can it?  I expect it!!!!

(more likely the thread gets moved to the Roku forum)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ideas belong within the Ideas for NOW TV sub-section. That's what it was created for!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Ideas belong within the Ideas for NOW TV sub-section. That's what it was created for!

Can someone put it there then? You probably aren't aware of it but the great unwashed can not put ideas in there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/About-the-NOW-TV-Help-Forum/m-p/298418#M281

If you can't find an idea like yours, simply start a new topic about this idea in any forum section, and we'll review it and move it to the Ideas for NOW TV board if appropriate. At the moment we aren't creating new ideas topics for individual TV shows or movies, so please don't submit those. 

So can someone more entitled than myself do this?

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User it will be down to verification, the box knows you have a pass. On other devices this is not possible. Though arguably all Sky systems should be able to tell whether you are an active customer of another of their systems.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Companies offer all kinds of inducements to encourage people to own their 'branded' products. This is NOW TV's....     

Anonymous User
Not applicable

understand  branded products idea but it normally involves the packages ie Bt doing there sport cheaper or Sky not giving Sky Atlantic to Virgin media its all about getting the subscriber as a customer for years 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

would also say its not like getting a reward for a Sky Q box or a Tivo box the Now box is probably sold at a loss or near to it with the idea of selling passes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree that may be a reason but if it can tell across devices such as a  laptop or box if you have a valid Movie pass etc i am sure it could be done.But the easiest way would be to put it in the Entertainment pass so everyone gets it.There would

be no financial loss to Now tv if they can  afford to give it to some people already and may in the long run get them customers or even sell more passes

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  not sure I would want another channel personally that I have no interest in added to the entertainment pass though I appreciate a lot of people like sports but don't want to go to the expense of a sports pass.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.