cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
stammie1609
Expert

I've got to the point I don't believe Now TV have any intention of fixing this problem.

The first post in this thread was the 4th of January, we're now into August with no resolution and almost no feedback from any Now TV staff.

I think I shall be watching alternative solutions very shortly!

ken242
Expert

as i put in my last post i addy the rouk stick with the same problem i prefer the now tv boxs to the rouk stick that if thay solve this problem with the sky sports channels dont get me wrong i am still going to gave the now tv team 4 more weeks if it not fixss by them i am off to my old roots as i said i still got my 2 boxs connected and just one phone call to add all the sky channels i want freez free .

stammie1609
Expert

Same old story today, the test match is suffering freezes on the cricket channel but fine on main event.

*SIGH* This is probably the longest thread in the sports section of this forum but still no Now TV staff willing to tell us anything!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue has seriously been going on since January and no one from Now TV has even bothered to acknowledge this, let alone propose a fix date?

Wow that's woeful, I will be reviewing my subscription, I thought it might have been my internet before coming across this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's quite simple really.

Vote with your feet.

Quite obvious that if you are prepared to continue to subscribe to a service that cannot broadcast in standard definition when the competition can in 4K without a hitch then good luck !

Have just cancelled 3 months @ £20 due to start today.

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's quite simple really.

Vote with your feet.

Quite obvious that if you are prepared to continue to subscribe to a service that cannot broadcast in standard definition when the competition can in 4K without a hitch then good luck !

@Anonymous User just cancelled 3 months @ £20 due to start today.

Well by way of contrast I switched to watching the cricket on the legitimate overseas broadcaster I have access to.

Not only was this service freeze free it was markedly better than that served up by Now TV, 1080P full HD and better than the 1080i broadcast HD we get served with.

I have about 7 weeks left on my £20 a month deal, if this isn't fixed by then I shall quit paying £34 a month to do the right thing and use those overseas services I'm fortunate to have access to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally received a response from Now TV customer service, via e-mail.

I had to send several e-mails with my case ID before they finally got around to responding.

You guessed it, another self-help guide about resetting my box, unplugging my router etc.

If this was not so unbearably irritating I'd have to laugh. 

I've lost hope of any dispute resolution before contacting the Ombudsman. 

Sad that customer service can fail so pitifully. 

If other customers are experiencing the same issues described in this thread, please keep posting your experiences.

stammie1609
Expert

I contacted them via message and social media, no answe

@Anonymous User wrote:

Finally received a response from Now TV customer service, via e-mail.

I had to send several e-mails with my case ID before they finally got around to responding.

You guessed it, another self-help guide about resetting my box, unplugging my router etc.

If this was not so unbearably irritating I'd have to laugh. 

I've lost hope of any dispute resolution before contacting the Ombudsman. 

Sad that customer service can fail so pitifully. 

If other customers are experiencing the same issues described in this thread, please keep posting your experiences.

I contacted them via message and one of their social media platforms, no answer yet to the message but this is the platitude I got from the social media rep:-

"Thanks for getting in contact. We are currently working on this issue and we hope to have this resolved soon 🙂 "

There was no answer to my reply asking them to post in this thread about what's going on, so a rough translation of that message is....

"We really don't care"!!

Even at my current £20 a month deal I'm voting with my feet and cancelling before my next renewal, this company really doesn't deserve our money having ignored a major fault for now 8 months!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice to see NowTv are continuing to broadcast the new football season in Stuttervision!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Raghav: Thanks! Actually lot of our customers are facing this issue and our technical team is working on it.

Raghav: Only the Sky Sports Channels is having the issue

That's what I've been told on chat.

Been told it's going to be fixed by weekend is over.

I've also told them sky sports main doesn't have a issue so copy that background settings for the rest.