cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see your topic has been moved out of the PlayStation 4 sub-section and merged into this existing topic with is about the same subject...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just downloaded NOW TV and I am having the same problem. It starts of as normal with an excellent picture then after about 2 minutes it freezes. Sometimes it freezes sooner. Status comes up as, "Everything looks good" so why the problem. I will certainly cancel my subscription and hope to get a full refund as it has only been a day and the item is not fit for purpose as the many contributions about this fault testify to.  

lockmatt
Expert 2

well how nice it was to have someone from now tv comment on this post WHICH HAS BEEN ONGOING SINCE JANUARY,WELL GUESS WHAT YOU SAYING YOUR LOOKING INTO IT AINT CUTTING IT WITH ME TO BE HONEST,YESTERDAY I HEARD DRIVERS WERE HITTING BARRIERS AND GOING DOWN SLIP ROADS BEFORE I SAW IT BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE,THE SAME WITH THE ENGLAND V SOUTH AFRICA 20 20 MATCH,CONTINOUS FREEZING WETHER SOMETHING IS LIVE OR NOT EVEN ON AD BREAKS AND THE STREAMING QULAITY HAS BEEN SO POOR LATELY,I AM USING THE BLACK NOW TV BOX ON A WIRED CONNECTION AND THE BUFFERING CIRCLES ARE COMING UP FAR TO OFTEN NOW

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is not a buffering problem in my case.

I'm watching the live stream and the picture freezes for one or two seconds, but the sound continues.

This has been going on for months and Now TV perennially ignore these posts.

I've had the odd reply on twitter, saying we are looking into it, but clearly Now TV are lying.

I'm just appalled that a large comapny like Now TV think they are going to get away with this poor service. 

I'm just going to escalate this to a compaint, and when Now TV fail to deal with it, I will send it for review with the Ombudsman. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've escaleted stuff to the ombudsman before and never got a reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The simple fact is, is that NOW TV dont know whats causing it or they would have resolved it.  I've done support and 1st, 2nd, even 3rd line support are supposed to get the issue along that chain.

They'll blame the internet provider or your router needs rebooting or theres local issues with the exchange, all will be blamed before they acknowledge there is a problem their end.  

Then we get what is happening here.  A constant deferral to other people to look at it inside NOW TV and then nothing.

The simple answer is they dont know how to fix it and just dont want to admit that.

stammie1609
Expert

I

@Anonymous User wrote:

The simple fact is, is that NOW TV dont know whats causing it or they would have resolved it.  I've done support and 1st, 2nd, even 3rd line support are supposed to get the issue along that chain.

They'll blame the internet provider or your router needs rebooting or theres local issues with the exchange, all will be blamed before they acknowledge there is a problem their end.  

Then we get what is happening here.  A constant deferral to other people to look at it inside NOW TV and then nothing.

The simple answer is they dont know how to fix it and just dont want to admit that.

I'd hazard a guess they do know what's causing it and hoped only a minority of customers find it annoying enough to complain,

if I'm correct this is a short sighted policy, as I've posted before in this thread it is actively costing them customers who would like to switch to Now TV.

I'd further opine that this issue is being caused by the encoders Sky are using, in the dim and distant past I've seen similar but not as bad issues caused by bad encoding.

Its all the more annoying because I have 5 other sports services at my fingertips that work perfectly, I am trying to do the right thing by paying for my sports content but if this isn't resolved soon I might just cancel my sub and rely on my VPN and the overseas services I am lucky enough to have the use of.

I usually only use these when the sports I want to watch are not on British TV but if Now/Sky can't supply an uninterrupted picture I might have to revisit that policy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've only had the sport pass for a week to watch the Lions tour - picture freezing regularly and up to 7 minutes at one point - thank god I only got a one month pass - No reply from customer services yet - and the next game is in 5 days!!!! What are you doing NowTv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just to let you know there is a Lions game on tomorrow morning at 8.30am against the Hurricanes, which will be repeated throughout the day if your interested (unless obviously you only want to watch the NZ All Blacks Tests).

Not expecting any improvement in the PQ mind Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but work takes a slight priority over freezing pictures Smiley Wink