cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just cancelled.

Last summer the service worked flawlessly, but this year.......

This freezing issue has now dragged on for months, and still no offical response from NOW.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And just the fact that this forum has now reached a staggering 55 pages and is gathering pace surely NOW TV cannot go on ignoring this problem forever. But knowing them they probably will. I have never experienced such terrible Customer Service or should I say Non-Customer Service. It makes my previous experiences with trying to deal with Virgin Media a few years ago seem like a stroll in the park. At least they communicated.

NOW TV are bound by law to have a formal complaints procedure but how can you complain if there is no one to complain to. This is just so frustrating. I don't want to leave NOW TV. The concept of dipping in and out without a contract is a brilliant one. The ease of buying a Pass and cancelling at any time is faultless. The Entertainment and Cinema platforms on NOW TV are also faultless so it makes it even more annoying that this problem only relates to Sports. So I live in hope that one day this picture problem may actually be sorted and at least in the meantime I do have the option to cancel. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An excellent post Richie58.

I could not agree more with everthing you have said.

The concept of the Now TV service is excellent, but what lets it down is the dreadful quality of the live sport streaming, and the awful, non-existent customer service. 

How can customer service be this bad from a such a company?

The live streams are a complete joke on the F1 channel. This has become so bad heads need to roll at Now TV. 

If I performed this badly in a job I'd be totally ashamed. 

Sort it out Now TV as this is problem is not going anywhere until you decide to fix it. 

Now TV might consider turning out sub-standard streaming services at premiuim prices acceptable, I just think it's pathetic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the flexability of choosing a pass for a day.week/month and not being tied into a  contract is excellent.  When it works, I am more than happy with the picure quality through a Chromecast, its certainly miles better than anything delivered in SD from Freeview, for example.  But the lack of customer service and response to this freezing issue, really is poor from a company that should know better.  i pay for a premuim product, but don't get a premium service.

I just can't believe that a big company like Sky /  NOW TV with all their resources, haven't resolved this by now.  I am left thinkng that they just don't care,  as long as the Sky quarterly results  add up, and they can pay for the PL contract then why bother ?

stammie1609
Expert

Well I've lost so much faith in Now TV I've been watching the West Indies power onto what will be an historic test victory over England 😞 on the overseas service I am very fortunate to have access to.

Despite the fact I have to hop continents and slow down my internet speed whilst massively increasing my ping rate this works perfectly in broadcast quality HD and bitrates, yet Sky/Now TV expect us to pay £34 a month for a service not fit for purpose!!!

lockmatt
Expert 2

new people this has gone on from JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
READ THE 56 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS
NOW TV SORT THIS OUT ITS GONE ON TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@lockmatt wrote:

new people this has gone on from JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I think you are on the wrong thread 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@lockmatt wrote:

I think you are on the wrong thread 🙂

Why was this moved?  Now my reply makes no sense as it was about lag not this issue.

ken242
Expert

today this my last £20 pound before it go back to £33 poundif this is not fixs by end  off  september i will cancel the sport pass enough this enough with this problem 

ken242
Expert

there my be few prolems with the itv hub on the now tv too

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2239568/now-tv-box-issue#latest